YouTube playback issues

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by w9awx, Dec 27, 2012.

1. w9awx

w9awx New Member

Anyone else having issues paying any video on Youtube on the app?

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Working fine for me. What issues are you having?

3. w9awx

w9awx New Member

I get a message that says "playback error." Thought maybe it was from a maintenance period, but it's been doing it over several days.

4. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

You use the official YouTube app?
    I think maybe you could try some other app like Jasmine YouTube Client or WorldTube HD that highly recommend in iFunia blog, Im using Jasmine and so far works well on my iPad.

5. w9awx

w9awx New Member

Correct, it was the official app. I'll give those two a try. Thanks

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I don't think it's the app that's the issue as its what I am using error free..

7. w9awx

w9awx New Member

Tried Jasmine and am getting a message that says "the video is not available" after trying several different videos.

8. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

9. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Several video are OK, but one? Maybe that video is not available for the specific area or country?

10. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

Are you using a filtered network. I get that when I'm at work and try to use YouTube.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet. My smokin hot iPhone 5.

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Has anyone who uses "Jasmine" ( an excellent third-party YouTube client/player) noticed that even when volume is full up, its a lot quieter than the stock YouTube app ..... This seems to be the case at least since the iOS 7 update, as I can't remember it being significantly softer in iOS 6 ..... The app is very nicely presented, easy to use and has ( to me) a better set up for playlists and other customizing , but I have to use my headset with it much more often than with the same videos and music on YouTube's own player ..... This applies to my iPad mini as well as iPhone 4S ...... David

Sent using iCafe app

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't noticed that. But then again, the only time I use Jasmine is when I get those BS YouTube messages stating that the video can't be played on mobile devices. I open Jasmine and the video automatically launches and plays.

13. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Now THAT'S a strange one, as I reasonably often get the "video can't be played ...... " on Jasmine , but it works OK on Youtube ! Some of the difference may be due locality/country and broadcast rights ( legals) as at times, there were things I could get in Canada, but not here ( Caribbean) and vice versa. Sort of like some of the limitations on "Amazon.ca" vs "Amazon.com" or even the App Store and credit card support.
    When I mentioned that Jasmine, my player of choice had become 'Quieter' I expected a quick comeback from an as yet un-named moderator re hearing loss with advancing age - you know, the guy with the funny hat which reminds me of Canada in the 70's when Bob & Doug Mackenzie (hosers) were the rage (SNL people ..... ) Cou-Roo-Coo-coo. :)

Sent using iCafe app

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I have NEVER gotten that error on Jasmine. I don't bother with the YouTube app. I just use the mobile site as my default for YouTube and launch Jasmine when I run into playback restrictions - which happens very frequently. Jasmine is awesome but there is no way to get it to automatically launch from Safari, so this is the best option.

15. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Ok .... Check your PM's ... I'm going to try to send you a link to a song which will play on YouTube, but has a different error message and will not work in Jasmine....don't let the song title fool you , this is an old West Indian piece which is from our parents ( maybe your Grandparents generation! from a Guyanese artist .. My wife is Guyanese and all the older folk in her family know of this song. It's NOT what you think ...and many can sing it and take these medicinal remedies seriously. I'm going to try to get the link into a PM. Try to play it on YouTube then Jasmine .... Give me a few minutes for the link to "The Weed Song" ... :)

Sent using iCafe app

16. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That the one by Bill Rogers about a woman selling medicinal plants?

Sent using iCafe app

17. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Yep . .... That's the one ! It goes a wayyyy back in any West Indians collection - but anyone with heritage and family in Guyana will appreciate it. It's always been available to me on YouTube ... But it disappeared off Jasmine ( I have it on a playlist which normally means it can be accessed either way. ). My Jasmine issues have been that it plays at about half the volume of YouTube - so I need my headphones most of the time. Don't worry if you can't understand a Guyanese speaking English ..... Guyana is the only South American country with English as its official langauge - but they can't usually even understand one another when dialects get 'rough' .... Don't let the aura of "Jim Jones" et al scare you - that was a long time ago, involving total nutcases, and Guyana is a wonderful, albeit poor country !

Sent using iCafe app

18. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I Googled it. I had to add old West Indies with the title. The title alone went to some such about you know what. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1386814721.243772.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

19. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Half my family talk sort of that way .... and use some of those remedies !

Sent using iCafe app

20. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I listened to Weed Song in both YouTube and Jasmine. It sounded much better in Jasmine. That was my first in Jasmine. I like it.

Sent using iCafe app