YouTube plays upside down on iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you think YouTube plays "upside down" on the iPhone?

• Total voters

jagedon

Apr 1, 2007
I believe that the YouTube application is upside down! The volume button should be on the upper right so that you can push down with your index finger to operate it. As it is now on the lower left, you must push up with your left thumb while holding the device. It feels wrong, and I am always holding it the opposite way so that when a YouTube video starts from a webpage in landscape mode it is upside down. Do others agree? I know that the volume can be controlled on screen, but it still seems counter intuitive.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Not to mention, the speaker is on the bottom left, so when watching a video your hand may automatically cover it. I know it does this when I play NES...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Not to mention, the speaker is on the bottom left, so when watching a video your hand may automatically cover it. I know it does this when I play NES...
Speaker on the bottom left? Mines on the bottom right when using the YouTube app. The volume buttons are on the bottom edge on the lefthand side. It's the same when watching a movie from the iPod.

Comb

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
It would be nice if the YouTube videos would right themselves like everything else on the phone, so you could have either side of the phone be "up".

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It took me about a week to figure out that the accelerometer did not have an effect on YouTube videos...

jagedon

Apr 1, 2007
the entire iPhone could (should) work in landscape mode

It took me about a week to figure out that the accelerometer did not have an effect on YouTube videos...
the iPhone could work in any direction. Not just the web browser, but email, YouTube, iPod, etc. Right handed or left handed it could work for everyone!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Speaker on the bottom left? Mines on the bottom right when using the YouTube app. The volume buttons are on the bottom edge on the lefthand side. It's the same when watching a movie from the iPod.
If you tube is playing and your volume control (hard buttons) is bottom right, that would indicate you're looking at the Apple logo on the rear and not you tube?!? :eek:

Nevermind...... I read your post wrong; realized after the fact that you were talking about speakers and not volume controls.....mah bad

On another note, several videos and movies I have play the same way as youtube (upside down). Is this normal for videos and movies or are they supposed to rotate according to how I am holding the iPhone? If so, they don't.

Oct 1, 2009
When watching a video in YouTube, and the controls disappear from the screen, is there a way to make them re-appear? I press everywhere on the screen with no luck.