YouTube problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
when i use youtube, the video i am looking for won't come up. i go on my comp, type in the same exact thing, and the video is the first one to pop up. on the phone, it says "no videos". maybe i am doing something wrong? thanks

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
like they said, not all videos from youtube, are converted in the format for iPhone to read yet, but soon all youtube videos will be playable on your iPhone

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
mine works just fine, i hit the youtube button and 10secs later im there
mine works, but when i search for a video, the video doesn't come up. yes, i spelled everything correctly, and yes, the video is still up on their site. worked on my mac

chris1207

Jul 1, 2007
You tube comes up on my phone, when on Edge, it plays ok, with slow start.

When on wifi, plays weirdly with some pink bars in full screen flashing back with the video every half sec or so. Even with videos that I first played ok with Edge.

chris1207

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for all of the info guys, not my problem however as the video plays fine when I turn off wifi and use the edge network.. Have the same problem with video podcasts, say geek brief and same problem with qt content on a web page. It seems that when the content can be read fast the iPhone buffer can handle it and overflows. I've done a reset and restore. The first video after the restore appeared to be fine. Every video there after has not played correctly. I'm waitin on hold for level 3 support now

jdavis

Jul 31, 2007
youtube search problems

conversion of youtube videos may not be the only problem. Doing a search on a PC will (most of the time) produce a far more comprehensive list than the same search on an iPhone if it produces anything at all. It may be that the two issues are linked. Or what goes on here? Censorship?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
YouTube has recently recoded all their videos from Flash to an iPhone compatible format, this might still be in the process.

How the hell can they still "be in the process" when you claim that "YouTube has recently recoded all their videos from Flash to an iPhone compatible format"

You have no clue what you are talking about.

A small percentage of youtube videos are encoding in .h264 meaning that at least 95% of what you want to see is not available on your iPhone. There have been claims that the entire youtube library would be .h264 sometime in august but I would bet my life that is completely false.