Youtube search help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 8, 2007
Hello all,

I'm new to iPhones and have a quick question about the youtube function. When i search my own youtube name, only 7 of my 11 videos are available for veiwing. is there like a maximum results or something like that limiting the search results to 7?

Thanks Justin

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hello all,

I'm new to iPhones and have a quick question about the youtube function. When i search my own youtube name, only 7 of my 11 videos are available for veiwing. is there like a maximum results or something like that limiting the search results to 7?

Thanks Justin
No, Youtube's videos are displayed 25 at a time, if there are as many (then the next 25, etc...). Are your videos all in the same format (and thereforee compatible with the iPhone)?

Oct 8, 2007
some of my vids are in different formats, but there doesn't seam to do any rhyme or reason to which ones are working and which aren't. some are Mov's and some are wmv's and a mpg. i just reexported one of the ones that don't work as a m4v and turned it into mov with the h264 codec, still doesn't work. i'm also somewhat new to video editing, i started with windows movie maker and now use my imovie with my mac. But some vids from the pc work, and some don't, same with the mac.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
some of my vids are in different formats, but there doesn't seam to do any rhyme or reason to which ones are working and which aren't. some are Mov's and some are wmv's and a mpg. i just reexported one of the ones that don't work as a m4v and turned it into mov with the h264 codec, still doesn't work. i'm also somewhat new to video editing, i started with windows movie maker and now use my imovie with my mac. But some vids from the pc work, and some don't, same with the mac.
Next thing I'd look into is the actual size (in pixels and Megs) of those movies that don't load. They might be too large.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Are the videos that work older than the videos that don't work?

Not all you tube videos are iPhone capable, and there are converting them
as they go. I am sure they would like do offer the entire library in iPhone format, but with the amount of submissions they get everyday they may never get caught up.

If you search video.google.com and click on some of the results that are youtube links not all of them will work. Only old stuff and popular stuff that has gone through the conversion process will load.

I don't think it is anything you are doing wrong or has anything to do with your upload format.