YouTube site < YouTube iPhone

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The iPhone does not support Flash, so videos on the YouTube site will not play, only those in the YouTube app. Safari does, however, support QuickTime, so movies in that format will play.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
The iPhone does not support Flash, so videos on the YouTube site will not play, only those in the YouTube app. Safari does, however, support QuickTime, so movies in that format will play.
So even tho its all the same videos they are "coverted" to work in the youtube app. ?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Are there many sites that use QT as the player, any good ones out there?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Now I'm trying to remember what I was trying to watch on youtube's site through Safari, it wouldn't play; funny thing though...the YouTube app kicked in...albeit it wasn't playing what I was trying to watch.