Youtube through Wi-Fi? I'm so confused.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Con04

Jul 5, 2007
Hey, just wondering.
I know the iPhone connects to your Sim Card's internet service, and it can also connect to your wireless network. When connected to a wireless network, does it use that internet service for youtube?

So Youtube is free, right? :S

Thanks,

Con04

Jul 5, 2007
I'm wondering this because iPhonesimfree says some iPhones youtube service will not work after being unlocked, but I can't see why it wouldn't work if Safari and everything else works.. Please reply!

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
more specifically, the iPhone youtube function will ONLY work over the ATT cellular data network. If you unlock the iPhone and use it on another network, you won't be able to view youtube except over wifi. Now, I can't say for certain, but I guess it's possible that unlocking somehow disrupts the youtube function totally? You should still have youtube over wifi - only speculatng as my phone is not unlocked.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
True, it only works over ATT, but it does use Wi-Fi. I can tell because when connected to Wi-Fi, YouTube videos are much clearer than when connected to EDGE.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Yes, it definitely works better over wifi, but it wont work over any cellular network except ATT. Thats the only point i was trying to make.