YouTube videos loading really slow

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I was trying to watch some videos of celebrities taking the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the video is stop and go the entire time. I'm on wifi playing the videos through Safari. I start the video and it will stop, start and stop, would an app help with the playback issue? The one I know about is Jasmine. I've hit 75% data usage for the month and so I want to stay off 3G/4G.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I've noticed today that if I pause a YouTube video through the app and then come back to it, it'll buffer every few minutes.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I was trying to watch some videos of celebrities taking the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the video is stop and go the entire time. I'm on wifi playing the videos through Safari. I start the video and it will stop, start and stop, would an app help with the playback issue? The one I know about is Jasmine. I've hit 75% data usage for the month and so I want to stay off 3G/4G.
What download speed do you get on wifi from where you watch the videos? Also, you might delete some website data in settings.