YouTube videos terrible quality lately

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Anybody else experiencing this? For the past week or so quality has been awful.

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Are you using iOS 7 beta? Slingplayer doesn't seem to work well yet, either. Plays for about thirty seconds, then the video stalls.
No sir, no iOS 7 beta here :(
One day it will be just fine, then the next it's almost like things just don't want to play at all. Same wifi (home) and time frame doesn't appear to make a difference.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I don't have iOS 7 beta just the jailbreak I've had for awhile. HD vids that were crystal clear before are now very low quality, grainy vids. I've turned 3G restrictor off & played with various settings but nothing helps.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't have iOS 7 beta just the jailbreak I've had for awhile. HD vids that were crystal clear before are now very low quality, grainy vids. I've turned 3G restrictor off & played with various settings but nothing helps.
How are they when you use the Jasmine app? I recommend it if you don't already have it.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
been away from Apple for awhile not sure if they have something like tubemate yet. but that's what i use whenever i want to see a youtube video. tubemate lets you download the video to your phone and even lets you select the quality of the downloaded video. since your downloading the video to your phone there is no buffering issues at all. but im sure one of the mods will chime in with something like tubemate for your iPhone which should fix both your issues:)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
^ The MediaBurner app allows you to download YouTube videos stock. You can use ProTube (YouTube app plug-in) if you're jailbroken.