Youtube widget poll

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are your feelings about the YouTube widget?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
Happy.
Would be nice to let people in the real world write those.

Also can't wait for Nintendo to release some goodies. :D

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I think they could have done better. I mean, Youtube is "neat", but I don't really need it on my phone, so much....

All the stuff that's useful AND cool have already been covered.
Googlemaps, weather, stuff like that.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I wish I could watch the youtube videos right on that tiny little TV icon.

Yes, it would be pointless since it's so small, but that would be nothing new about youtube. Right?

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Well with 3 widgets so far, and supposedly more on the way, perhaps they'll do a widget launcher next. With 13 icons, you would lose that gap between the dock and the rest of the apps.

Somehow after watching Steve when he announced YouTube support on the AppleTV, it made me think that he was a recent addict to YT. He seem enthralled about the content at the time.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Well with 3 widgets so far, and supposedly more on the way, perhaps they'll do a widget launcher next. With 13 icons, you would lose that gap between the dock and the rest of the apps.

Somehow after watching Steve when he announced YouTube support on the AppleTV, it made me think that he was a recent addict to YT. He seem enthralled about the content at the time.
Same reason he's glad to add Youtube to the iPhone. MAJOR advertising dollars in Youtube.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Same reason he's glad to add Youtube to the iPhone. MAJOR advertising dollars in Youtube.
The reason is more like the CEO of Google sits on Apple's Board. I don't think you're going to see ads on the iPhone version... check the demo again... no ads. Overall, I think it's a plus. But it adds more credence to the rumor that Google will eventually buy Apple.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
The reason is more like the CEO of Google sits on Apple's Board. I don't think you're going to see ads on the iPhone version... check the demo again... no ads. Overall, I think it's a plus. But it adds more credence to the rumor that Google will eventually buy Apple.

You won't see any ads on the iPhone, but you'll see an increase in Youtube's use.. Not only on the phone, but in ppl's homes, on their computers. Where there is advertising.

mbivens

Jun 17, 2007
Huh? So because the CEO of google whom sits on Apples board, and is probably great friends with Steve Jobs allows one touch access to youtube; it adds credence to Google buying Apple?! Apples market cap right now is $106B, which I see having no problem hitting $150B if the iPhone is as successful as most would believe. Google with a market cap of $160B, would have to completely exhaust their resources to purchase Apple. A merge, while nearly as unlikely, would be the only plausible outcome of their relationship.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
You won't see any ads on the iPhone, but you'll see an increase in Youtube's use.. Not only on the phone, but in ppl's homes, on their computers. Where there is advertising.
I don't know about that. Remember the weird 12th app situation in the commercials? It had to be the YouTube app that was causing it. Meaning, they filmed SOMETHING with YouTube and iPhone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an updated commercial soon.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i thinks its cool but we kinda knew it was coming between the surprise app the 12th icon and you tube transfering its files to the iPhone Apple tv format i was not surprised

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Huh? So because the CEO of google whom sits on Apples board, and is probably great friends with Steve Jobs allows one touch access to youtube; it adds credence to Google buying Apple?! Apples market cap right now is $106B, which I see having no problem hitting $150B if the iPhone is as successful as most would believe. Google with a market cap of $160B, would have to completely exhaust their resources to purchase Apple. A merge, while nearly as unlikely, would be the only plausible outcome of their relationship.
Don't you remember WorldCom? You can certainly be a very small company and buy much larger companies.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Right! Macworld revealed they like their virtual merger, more of partnership. It's a great partnership that I hope lasts a while. Two very strong and creative companies leading their respective industries. This makes for awesome things for us! :)