YouTube Won't Play...

darita

Jul 19, 2007
Whenever I try to play a video from YouTube, the iPhone tells me "This movie could not be played." I have the lists of movies, but cannot play them. Any solutions?

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
you know what, mine did that too.....i downloaded that ibeer video to show people at work, after it played it said would you like to delete to conserve space? so i answere yes, then it said you may now play you tube.....then the you tube started working again after a hard reboot....don't know why....

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
you know what, mine did that too.....i downloaded that ibeer video to show people at work, after it played it said would you like to delete to conserve space? so i answere yes, then it said you may now play you tube.....then the you tube started working again after a hard reboot....don't know why....
Thats very strange, I don't see the connection between a video that you downloaded to your ipod and the functionality of YouTube.

I have also experienced this problem with a few videos, and agree it is probably something to do with improper encoding, etc.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I cant view MY OWN youtube videos I get a message that the video can not be played. Whats up with that ? Are there some youtube videos that are in a special iPhone encoding ?
Yes indeed: the ones that work on the iPhone have been re-encoded, and not all are done.

I believe I read that all will eventually be converted, perhaps not until fall however.

And mine don't play either. I don't share mine, they are mostly for friends and family (i.e., they haven't been viewed by others too often). I suspect they are converting the older stuff based on popularity (WAG).

--
Mike