YouTube

superbox

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I can't get any videos to play nonstop. They go for a second and then it's paused and I have to hit play again....over and over again so what is the point? I have wifi but it stays on EDGE even though the wifi once worked on it. What is the deal?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Sounds like you need to make sure you're close enough to your wifi device or either reset the phone.

Sometimes if the name of the WIFI network is the same as another network you use it will cause a conflict and the device will lose the original WIFI WEP key. Make sure this isn't your problem. For instance most people leave their Linksys WIFI named "linksys" by default. When you go to a buddy's house and he's got the same network name and you enter his WEP encryption key, it causes a conflict.

You might need to change the WIFI network name and then re-enter your WEP key in your phone.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I can't get any videos to play nonstop. They go for a second and then it's paused and I have to hit play again....over and over again so what is the point? I have wifi but it stays on EDGE even though the wifi once worked on it. What is the deal?
Why not just wait until more of the video is loaded before playing it? Obviously, the clip isn't downloading as fast as you're trying to play it.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY

Make sure you are I range of your wifi connection . And make sure your phone is connected. If all is well and still no connection reset the network connection your iPhone. Go to general-->reset-->reset network connections and the reconnect to your wifi.

superbox

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
It's definitely all loaded...or appears to be.

I'm in my house when I have tried and the network name is unique. Resetting it doesn't help (I've tried for my other problems). It must be in connection with the wifi issues/EDGE taking over problems that I'm having. thanks.

superbox

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
oops, I misread, I hadn't tried resetting the network connections (just the phone). Thanks. I'll try that.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
so whats the deal with youtube, how come the videos i want is not in there, are they gonna put more in there or what do you guys know?

guesswhatman

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
How much different is the iPhone's youtube vs. the regular youtube? Also, if there's a flash plugin update, would that mean that you can view the regular youtube on the iPhone?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Check my sig for a video comparing the 2. widget is dummed down.

Jun 27, 2007
has anyone notice the quality difference of youtube when use edge compared to wifi? When I use wifi the vids are clear but on edge there really bad quality. Just wanna know if anyone else notices this

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Yes, its normal. EDGE is much slower, so instead of waiting for 5 minutes for a movie to download on EDGE, the videos will be heavily compressed.

I still would like an option to download the higher quality version though.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
That is normail Edge and WiFi have different quality in videos.
I wish there was the option to choose like higher quality and lower also....

HEADROD

Dec 18, 2007
What do I have to do to get the videos on youtube to come in clearer? I know hardly nothing about this phone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's based on connection speed. IF downloaded over the edge network, the resolution is degraded to increase download speed. Over Wifi, it should be crystal clear. (that is, if the original video is crystal clear.)

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
hmmmm.... are you using on edge or wifi.....
I notice if you use it on edge its more pixer.... but on wifi more clearer...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Headrod Welcome to the forum, you will be able to find all the answers to your questions here.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
You should have a choice on the quality of the video. I don't like that the iPhone decides for me how long I should wait to watch a clip. If I wanted a crappy clip I would have requested it. Or, if I want to wait forever, that's my problem.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
You should have a choice on the quality of the video. I don't like that the iPhone decides for me how long I should wait to watch a clip. If I wanted a crappy clip I would have requested it. Or, if I want to wait forever, that's my problem.

Sorry, but it does that so you do not have wait a long time to stream in the download.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Sorry, but it does that so you do not have wait a long time to stream in the download.
yes, I know that but I would have liked the option, say, a tiered system where you can choose the bitrate. Not a huge deal for me anyway.