Yurbud enhancers for new stock EarPods?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Irish76, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

Having trouble using my stock Apple EarPods while working out. They slip out frequently.

I remember seeing some yurbuds enhancers for the new EarPods, but I can't seem to find them anywhere online. Any idea where I can find these? I'd rather not have to purchase new headphones.

Thanks.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Never heard of those, but I have a set of Earskinz for my EarPods. They stay in and sound great.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I saw some on Amazon for $10 plus shipping. It said for EarPods. Size 6. I can't wear the EarPods that came with my phone. They fall out if I'm sitting still. I need to try the enhancers. I'm using some cheap earbuds. Works good for most stuff. Not great for music.

Sent using iCafe app

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

sounds delicious.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm gonna order those. Dang EarPods just won't stay in. Even when they're in, they're not snug enough for good sound. Odd the Earskinz don't come in white to match the EarPods. But I like black and smoke. Thanks for posting about them.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

Just purchased some earskinz in orange.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I had heard of these some months ago but never ordered a pair. I think @Europa mentioned them IIRC. Just ordered a pair of the black ones for my EarPods, thanks for the reminder. :)

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep. Here's the thread.

9. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I was thinking about trying them out on a whim, but $11 is a little much for two little pieces of plastic. I'll stick to my etymotics.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The Etymotics are great quality. They've done much research in the hearing aid field. They know their stuff. But, not having those or anything else but cheap earbuds with no mic, $11 is not that much for me to be able to use the EarPods that not only have a mic and volume controls, but also the photo snap feature. That's really come in handy for scenery and pano shots. It also helps me keep the phone steady while snapping a pic. Thanks for bringing up Etymotics. Maybe one of these days....

Sent using iCafe app

11. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

yeah, if I didn't already have quality third party earphones, I'd check these out.