Zagg Causing Water Damage

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
I'm thinking about getting just the zagg back, and then a PS anti-glare screen cover. Has anybody ever gotten water damage, or is there a lot of problems with people getting water damage? I don't wanna spend 400 dollars, then waste it.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think you need to explain what a zagg is, and how it's causing water damage.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I'm thinking about getting just the zagg back, and then a PS anti-glare screen cover. Has anybody ever gotten water damage, or is there a lot of problems with people getting water damage? I don't wanna spend 400 dollars, then waste it.
I have installed a few Invisible shields with no problems, nor have I heard of anyone having issues. You need to use a fair amount of solution to apply them, but you don't want to soak your phone. There are plenty of how-to you-tube vids out there to show you how it's done.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
I have installed a few Invisible shields with no problems, nor have I heard of anyone having issues. You need to use a fair amount of solution to apply them, but you don't want to soak your phone. There are plenty of how-to you-tube vids out there to show you how it's done.

Yeah i was watching some earlier, so basically, as long as i have my phone off, and keep it off for installation, and an hour after i'd be fine? or what would you suggest

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yeah i was watching some earlier, so basically, as long as i have my phone off, and keep it off for installation, and an hour after i'd be fine? or what would you suggest
I've gone through two Invisible Shields and I've never had a problem. In fact, I've put mine on (both times) while the iPhone was powered on and used them about 10 minutes afterward. Never had a single problem. They're great!

I'm using the Crystal Films now though, from Apple. BIG ++ for those!

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I left my phone off overnight just as an extra precaution, but you should't really get any water inside your phone if you do it right.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
alright, cause most of the installation videos they have been soaking the phone with the spray and i knew that couldn't be good

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
When I put my BodyGuardz on, I sprayed the film itself thoroughly, but did not spray the phone. Didn't have to. :p Just make sure you wet the film enough so that once you lay it on the phone, you can slide it to make corrections.

Yes, having that much makes the drying out process take longer, but it's worth it to have the installation process be so much easier.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
The instructions for all of these types of shields all say to NOT spray the device directly. Only spray the shield and then apply it.

Joe