Zagg Extreme screen protector

1. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Recently installed. Having issues with sensitivity. Anyone know if it will go away after a few days when the clouding repairs itself, anyone have these issues. Not to happy about this. Also my first Zagg product.

2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Don't know if it will get any better but I wouldn't think so. I seen numerous complaints about the same thing on the extreme shield. I have always be happy with Zagg HD shield on my previous devices and the rest of my family are happy with their HD and matte shields, but I haven't gotten around to putting one on my 5 as of yet. I do wish Zagg would go back to the edge to edge shields it looks so much better.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Wish I did some research first. Kind of an impulse buy. Wonder if Zagg will replace and upgrade to the HD protector. I can't live with this kind of problem.

5. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Don't know if they will. I get mine at a kiosk in the mall and the guy there just charges an installation fee to change them to a different type.

6. nealh

nealh Member
    Silver

Are you having issues with HD version or thicker one. I have iPhone 5 with HD version and wife the thicker version and we seem to have no sensitivity issues.

In fact these zagg protectors are better than the one I had on my iPhone4 which I removed. That one seemed to rubbery.

7. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

It's an Extreme Shield not HD.

8. nealh

nealh Member
    Silver

That is what I bought my wife. She has yet to complain but it isthicker than the HD version for sure. Clarity on it is very goo though, I purchased that one for her for more protection.
    She has faux nails so I have no idea on generl ue but when I uses her phone I have not seen much difference from mine in the sensitivity aspect.

Are you finding it missing taps or having to press harder? Maybe they would take it off and replace it with a HD version?

BTW, your screen had no issues prior to putting it on, did it?

9. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

No screen was fine before install. I'll give it a few days to see if it clears up. I do notice a lot of ghosting on screen, zagg states this will clear up in a few days. Wonder if that the reason behind my problems.

10. nealh

nealh Member
    Silver

Hmmm. We had a little cloudiness but not much. The screen seem to work fine from the get go. We were told it would be max. cured in 48hrs. I hope it gets better.

11. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Installation went fine. Zagg is sending me a replacement under warranty. But I went with the HD version. Maybe I'll have better luck with that.

12. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Got my replacement today and installed. The HD version IMO is a much better screen protector. I actually prefer the feel of the Zagg HD to the stock screen feel. No sensitivity problems and no cloudiness. Highly recommend.

13. tinachao

tinachao New Member

Thanks a lot. It seems an excellent one. I have recommend it to my friends.

14. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Love the HD case friendly version. Work perfect with my slide case.