ZAGG Glass for iPhone 6

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I wonder how much the actual glass is protected in the event of a drop. I thought I remember hearing that often the screen protector will spider, but can and will protect the actual glass on the iPhone. If your iPhone 6 lands on the edges, it might be a different story. Most of the tempered glass products seem to be the same, not offering coverage at the edges.

Seriously considering the ZAGG Glass after reading this thread.
Screen replacement:
iPhone 6 = $109
iPhone 6+, 5s, 5c, 5 = $129

But with Applecare+ it's $79 for two incidents.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

iOweEss

Bronze
Sep 21, 2014
Zagg Glass replacement = $6.00

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Zagg Glass replacement = $6.00
But do all of you who have the Zagg Glass have cases too? It's unlikely you'll crack the screen with a case that extends up over the sides. With this, I think a regular screen protector will suffice to cover scratches.

iOweEss

Bronze
Sep 21, 2014
I have the Apple leather case. I used to enclose all my phones in the Lifeproof cases but they interfere with the fingerprint reader and add a lot of bulk.

I'm determined to be minimalist this time around and when I'm next near a Liquipel booth, I'll have it treated.

After having tried the Zagg Glass, I'll never again install a plastic film screen protector. The difference is just too astonishing. Combine that with a lifetime warranty and it's a no brainer. I realize this really isn't a high risk for Zagg because for most owners, a lifetime is about two years.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I have the Apple leather case. I used to enclose all my phones in the Lifeproof cases but they interfere with the fingerprint reader and add a lot of bulk.

I'm determined to be minimalist this time around and when I'm next near a Liquipel booth, I'll have it treated.

After having tried the Zagg Glass, I'll never again install a plastic film screen protector. The difference is just too astonishing. Combine that with a lifetime warranty and it's a no brainer. I realize this really isn't a high risk for Zagg because for most owners, a lifetime is about two years.
You believe in Liquipel? I love the LifeProof nuud case. I used it in my 5 with a screen protector. No issues.

iOweEss

Bronze
Sep 21, 2014
Been doing some research and yes, I think it's a good product. Had the Nuud also, didn't like the film over the home button. Made it hard to unlock with fingerprints.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Been doing some research and yes, I think it's a good product. Had the Nuud also, didn't like the film over the home button. Made it hard to unlock with fingerprints.
I had the nuud on my 5, so no fingerprint reader. I don't like the results of the video below. And Liquipel doesn't help with drops.

iOweEss

Bronze
Sep 21, 2014
The Nuud with its thin film over the TouchID makes the fingerprint reader iffy. With mine, it only worked on one finger and didn't like the finger being held at angles. Gonna try living without a full coverage case for now.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
A few years ago Leo LaPorte had his iPhone treated with Liquipel and tested it in a glass of water on his podcast. It stopped working. Nope. Liquipel won't be touching my iPhone.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
A few years ago Leo LaPorte had his iPhone treated with Liquipel and tested it in a glass of water on his podcast. It stopped working. Nope. Liquipel won't be touching my iPhone.
And, I'm not sending my iPhone away to a third party. EVER. But really, why can't Apple do what Samsung did to the Galaxy S III Active?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
How close to the edge does the Zagg Glass go? The HDX doesn't go that far over and I don't like it.

iOweEss

Bronze
Sep 21, 2014
I don't know, I'm away from my ruler now. Just take the screen measurements and subtract 3mm on all sides.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
I just put in the spigen glass.tr (something like that), it's inferior to the zagg in every way. Thinking I'm head over to BBmobile tomorrow to pick up another zagg.