ZAGG Invisible Shield sucks

JFried1016

Jul 5, 2010
Okay, I had full body coverage installed by a Zagg kiosk at the mall. A few days later, it started to give me this white goo all over my phone, I figure eh, okay I can deal with it. About a month later the front facing completely starts peeling, I take it back to get it replaced(lifetime warranty) and they want to charge me a fee to put it back on? Now I don't think I am in the wrong here for requesting it to be put back on for free. The girl states that she says it's because of my case, even though this happened before I got the case, which is btw the smoke snap case from incase, which rocks. But seriously I will never purchase anything from zagg ever. I will go for ghost armour from now on, and their customer service sucks I've been on hold for 25 minutes.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
This is why I dislike those plastic shields. True they do prevent scratches but I rather take a risk and go without one. My 3G that I had for 2 yrs had no scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

jerzey111

Bronze
Feb 3, 2009
That's why I ordered bse. Half the price plus they sent me 2 full sets for free when I emailed them and told them I messed it up when installing. Yes i had to install it myself but it's no biggie imo.

Flyfunner5

Bronze
Jul 8, 2010
Try going back another day when someone else is working it with the case off. I personally use the Stienhel set, comes with 2 sets of full body kits, and has none of the orange peeling effect and is perfectly crystal clear.

sirsamuels

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
I use zagg with all my phones. Never had a problem. I would try to find another person as well.

auri_gan

Aug 12, 2010
I agree. Regardless of whether the case caused it to start peeling, it will appear that way to her. I don't think it's bad customer service at all. They're running a businesss and they can't just hand out replacements to everyone who ruins their IS through use of a case (not saying it applies to you). Just try again another day without the case.

On another note, I don't know why ppl continue to buy the InvisibleShield. Bodyguardz is equivalent in toughness, but provides you with TWO sets and has less orange peel.

Wrapsol is even better as the dry application version has ZERO orange peel and is also a little thicker (enough to provide a little drop protection..I've tried).

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I bought Zagg for the front and back because I wanted Best Buy to install it for me. I just never had any luck applying screen protectors, and they always left unsightly bubbles. I now have a bubble-free iPhone thanks to Zagg. I can also take it back at anytime and have Best Buy reapply it. The tacky feel is troublesome especially for certain games like Angry Birds that require a lot of fast swiping. Other than that it doesn't bother me, nor does the 'orange peel' which I don't notice unless the light reflects on the screen a certain way.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I put my own IS on my iPod touch's, my iPad and both my iPhones and now the iPhone 4. I like not having my devices all scratched up. I do have a issue with the iS on my iPhone 4 though. It's mainly because I carry it in my pocket with only the Apple bumper on it. The edges of the bumper have actually pushed an edge up but I just wet my finger and pushed it back down. Other than that, I've never had a problem. I guess how you use it is an issue too. To each his own.

billinaz

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
I have IS on all my electronic devices incluing iPhone 4's and an ipad as well as the kids iPhones.

I don't have any issues with them. I put one in a case too early after an install and the kiosk guy put a new one on, no problem.

StephenC

Bronze
Aug 10, 2010
Try going back another day when someone else is working it with the case off. I personally use the Stienhel set, comes with 2 sets of full body kits, and has none of the orange peeling effect and is perfectly crystal clear.
How do you find the fingerprint stains? I am looking to get the crystal clear until I saw the matte anti fingerprint which to me seems a lot more appealing

connor c

Jul 14, 2011
First of all Ghost Armour is a nock off brand of zagg, and will be out of busness very soon. zagg and ghost armour are the exact same product, they are both a poly urathane film. zagg has the orange peel affect for strengh, there are small minute air bubbles that bind the product togeather. second of all Ghost Armour is being sued for copy right infringment, ZAGG has a patent on there product, as well as the method of installing it. there is a solution to your problem, get the case friendly screen protector fron ZAGG it is smaller around the edges and wont peel up, i have put over 10,000 of these on phones and very little have problems. lus you have a free 10 day install warrany for free. they do that so you can check our device out for a few days before being stuck with a crappy install. give the cf a chance because ghost armours lifetime warranty, wont be a lifetime warranty when they go out of busness

dickdaney

Jan 2, 2010
Zagg is working just fine for me and I have an incase snap case. Can't use the back glass protector, because the case is too tight. No big deal though. Learn to put your own screen protectors on.