ZAGG shield trouble?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Bg415, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Bg415

Bg415 New Member

Anyone else buy the full body Zagg Shield and have trouble putting it on? I got black lint stuck to the screen any suggestions on how to remove them?

2. Bgimpie

Bgimpie New Member
    Bronze

I'm assuming u bought from best buy. I ha them install mine for free did a great job. As leaving a lady screwed hers up bad and they swapped her out and gave her a new one as well as put it on. My advise is take it in if u went to bb

3. Bg415

Bg415 New Member

Lol i thought i would have been able to do it myself. Harder than it looks though. Did you just ask a regular employee? Hopefully they'll be able to swap it out for a new one.

4. imotionb18

imotionb18 Member
    Bronze

It takes some practice to be able to get those things on right.

5. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

It's not bad at all. Wipe the lens with the cloth they supply, spray plenty of the lubricant on the phone and back of the invisishield and put it on. You can slide it around if you use enough solvent/lube spray. Smooth it out and use a hair dryer on low heat.
    Tom

6. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

It's really not that hard I have installed over 10+ Zagg shields in my days. Just take your time and be in a relaxed mood and everything will go great if you are in a rush you will mess it up. Also it helps to go in the bathroom and turn the shower on HOT! and let the condensation build up in the room and make sure the door is closed. I tried this a few times and it really does help. The iPhone 4 should be easier to put on than the 3GS since the iPhone 4 is squared and flat the 3GS in like rounded on the back. If you really don't know what you are doing I recommend you just having BB put it on for you.

7. Skimball

Skimball Member
    Bronze

I had BB do it too. The kid said he had done about a thousand phones but this was his first iPhone 4. Flawless install and if I have any problems with it I can go back and they will redo it.

8. Bg415

Bg415 New Member

I just came back from BB to exhange for a new one and they were charging 8$ for installation. I decided to do it myself and take your guys advice :).

9. xrayeyes1502

xrayeyes1502 Member
    Bronze

Do you see the "orange peal" affect on the new iPhone? I'm looking for a screen protection.

10. CamXCollins

CamXCollins Member
    Bronze

I bought my Zagg shield yesterday from BB and decided to install it myself. I must say that I am very pleased with my decision. The application process was relatively easy. It doesn't detract from the quality of the retina display at all and you cannot tell it's even on there except a slightly different feel of the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

11. Perplex

Perplex Member
    Silver

love zagg skin protection, just hate the smudges and little particles being caught on and around its edges.

but for the protection is provides, its worth every penny.

12. chris07

chris07 New Member

I bought the zagg screen protector from best buy messed it up and they were able to exchange it for me i put the new one on and it came out okay but im not a big fan. It does protect the screen but i don't like the feel or the look of it im more into those cheaper screen protectors that are thick and go on quick. I found different screen protectors on amazon im going to have to give them a try. If all fails il buy another zagg.

Did anyone get one for the back?

13. Bgimpie

Bgimpie New Member
    Bronze

Yeah I got full body didn't think it would hurt. I think the biggest install problem Is people not wanting to put enough spray on. I did the same thing my first go around on my storm but I got lucky and it turned out okay but everytime since I do it for my brother and his friend you just need to spray more on the back an dint be scared the phone will be fine just keep a rag handy. Now since they haven't charged me I just have bb do it

14. My-phone

My-phone Member
    Bronze

I bought the full body Invisishield. When it was attached, I waited the full 24 hours (as recommended) before I used the phone. The back has slid around. Is it because of the glass that the phone is made of?