.zip to .iPCc please help

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
i downloaded a .zip file for mms to my computer and everyone says just rename it to ipcc and upload it... but do i just change the extension like fido_ca.zip and rename it to fido_ca.ipcc because when i do that iTunes dosnt reconize it..

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
i downloaded a .zip file for mms to my computer and everyone says just rename it to ipcc and upload it... but do i just change the extension like fido_ca.zip and rename it to fido_ca.ipcc because when i do that iTunes dosnt reconize it..
Just leave it zipped and try it that way. I am pretty sure iTunes will only accept the zipped file.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
nvm i got it.. no clue what i did, but i got it.
Good! Now on to the task of trying to get your mms working through your carrier. I'm on AT&T and have had it working ever since early beta 1 and still working on beta 2.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
ya it keeps giving me unable to send when i send an mms.. oh well. to late in the night to be on the phone with my carrier
Only things you can do now are toggle the airplane mode, get off any iPhone text plans(you may need your sim in another phone to change this) by logging in online and changing the text plan, and look under settings> general> network> cellular data network and look online for your carriers user and password (they are the same for everyone on the network).
If you do end up putting your sim in another phone try and see if you can send and receive using that phone.

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
Only things you can do now are toggle the airplane mode, get off any iPhone text plans(you may need your sim in another phone to change this) by logging in online and changing the text plan, and look under settings> general> network> cellular data network and look online for your carriers user and password (they are the same for everyone on the network).
If you do end up putting your sim in another phone try and see if you can send and receive using that phone.
all i did was put in my carriers username and password and it started working! thnx