ziPhone 3.0 issues

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i used ziPhone before (not sure which version but it wasn't 3.0) and got everything working fine. ran into a couple bumps in the road but was able to search this board and pretty much figure everything out. i recently just restored my phone and ran ziPhone 3.0 on it, seemed to work fine. got the installer app, and added customize. now whenever i try to install anything else it says "Error - Package Download Failed!". i have tried this with summerboard, tried the summerboard theme fix, and various other apps as well. if anyone has encountered this or can point me in the right direction i would appreciate any advice. i have tried searching but there is just so much info on ziPhone to pick through. thanks in advance.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Reboot usually takes care of that problem for me....

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
clear the queue. Then they and install something.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
thanks, i rebooted it and i can install stuff, however i am quickly getting the impression that 3.0 wasn't such a hot idea. my email doesn't work on it, just opens and then closes, doesn't even give me a chance to set it up, and none of the summerboard themes will show up. i may just go back to the older version of ziPhone. is this the consensus as of lately that 3.0 is kind of a royal pain in the ass?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
not really. There is a fix called " smb fix" that should take care of the themes and I also think the same is possible for e-mail. Altho I'm not 100% sure since I havnt had email troubles yet. "nock on wood"

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
i use ziPhone 3.0 and ran into two or three problems that i couldnt get passed. one being youtube wouldn't work, after trying every fix i could find on here and many other forums. another being, after running bosstools my iPhone would crash and not get past the reboot screen.

I pwned after several ziPhone attempts and it was the best thing i could have done. my phone runs super smooth, smoother then the first time I jb. Highly recommend!

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i just restored, and jailbroke my phone with ziPhone 2.6b. got everything working great, MUCH BETTER than 3.0, not sure why, but it is.