ZiPhone and I not too good

catsalleyt

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
Paloma, California
Looks like I'll be doing another Restore (iTunes). Since I did the ZiPhone 2.3 Jailbreak I got a couple apps (voice notes and Contacts). Phone started crashing a lot and now my installer tells me theres an up date(for Installer) but wont let me up date. Keeps telling me I don't have free space (need 512 kb). When I do a restore on iTunes,is this the best way to start over from scratch? Is there any way to save wifi passwords. My boss keeps giving me our wifi password (Only on phone). When I do a restore I have to bug Him over and over.. Hmm...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Looks like I'll be doing another Restore (iTunes). Since I did the ZiPhone 2.3 Jailbreak I got a couple apps (voice notes and Contacts). Phone started crashing a lot and now my installer tells me theres an up date(for Installer) but wont let me up date. Keeps telling me I don't have free space (need 512 kb). When I do a restore on iTunes,is this the best way to start over from scratch? Is there any way to save wifi passwords. My boss keeps giving me our wifi password (Only on phone). When I do a restore I have to bug Him over and over.. Hmm...
Have you tried the program BossTool?

Its pretty much the next step after Jailbreaking now. It will move your applications folder to the larger partition of your iPhone's storage space. This will sort out any issues you're having with drive space.

As for your iPhone's stability, I would assume its due in part with having no space available on the immediate partition for any caching the phone might do there by default.

You can find BossTools under Utilities. You may need to add the Community Sources to your Installer sources, its available in the Sources category from Installer. Before installing BossTool, however, I recommend you uninstall a few applications first, in order to make room for BossTool. At that point, run BossTool and select "Free Disk Space" and then tap each of the 3 options one at a time, letting each complete it's process before pressing the next button. It may take up to 30 seconds to complete each task.

Lastly, you will need to have the BSDSubsystem installed on your iPHone as well, BossTool is dependent upon it for moving your files. This file is 6 megs in size, so if you do not currently have it installed, I recommend you start removing as many applications as you can, and then install BSD Subsystem (category: System in installer) followed by BossTool.

catsalleyt

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
Paloma, California
So I went back and used ZiPhone 2.5 and it worked a lot better. I did have a problem with Mail and Youtube. Somehow fixed the mail problem but not the Youtube.( I can live without it). I am really happy with how well my phone is working with installing apps and overall use.