ziPhone is brilliant...!

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
What version software did you jailbreak? ... Are you having any problems with any native apps like youtube? Im very interested but in doing it but i want to hear first hand how well it went. Thank you for your time.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
What version software did you jailbreak? ... Are you having any problems with any native apps like youtube? Im very interested but in doing it but i want to hear first hand how well it went. Thank you for your time.
There are problems with EVERYONES YouTube but in Installer you can install the YouTube fix. :laugh2:

Also, you just press a button and wait.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
That sounds awesome I had my phone jailbroke before until 1.1.3 came and I figured ill wait for the sdk ... well now its 4 months down the road and it is starting to interest me again. I would be jailbreaking a 1.1.4. Is that what you guys have?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
That sounds awesome I had my phone jailbroke before until 1.1.3 came and I figured ill wait for the sdk ... well now its 4 months down the road and it is starting to interest me again. I would be jailbreaking a 1.1.4. Is that what you guys have?
Yup. I enjoy it and haven;t ran into an problems besides that YouTube one.

Did you restore first before using it and create a new partnership? If so how did you sync all your settings again and your phone number?
I restored mine but did not back up, I created a new partnership and then jailbroke it. Check out the thread I have about my phone freezing up, I was told a process by a fellow member and it worked perfectly.

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
well i have cingular so i am able to activate throught iTunes no problems.... so for me what i did was i had 1.1.3 hacked, i just deleted all my apps (after i wrote down names so i could redownload :-P). Then i put it into recovery mode (hold the sleep and home buttons till it turns off, then keep holding home button for like 10-15 seconds. DO THIS WHILE PHONE IS CONNECTED TO PC or mac....). I just hit restore.. no shift restore select file... i told it to use Apple's file... after the restore was done i used ziPhone... litteraly 2 minutes later i started the sync to get all my music back then i was good to go. Thats my experience, and yes i know everyone is apprehensive about ziPhone cause they say o its to good to be true... its not.. its true and it is insanely easy! the longer you wait the less time you have to enjoy 1.1.4 JB'd!

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Ok I'm going to give it a shot ... Ill let you know how it goes. I hear I have to install bsd subsytems to get some programs to work. I hate that program its huge and I think it drains battery. Is this true that you def need it to run certain programs?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Seriously that took 2 seconds. All my bookmarks came back and everything. Brilliant is the word. Now its time to explore! Thank you to everyone for your help! Do you guys know if iFuntasic works for file exploring on the iPhone?

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I'm 1.1.2 otb and updated to 1.1.4 and have been seriously considering jailbreaking. So can someone fill me in on this youtube problem? And is ziPhone generally pretty safe. I really don't want a brick. I know nothing about jailbreaking and what this to go as smooth and safe as possible.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yes ZiPhone is brilliant, however, I ran into one problem after the next with installer not wanting to install apps. Then the sound went on my phone. My yahoo email kept saying I had my user name wrong. It would randomly say no service. It was a mess. Nothing like the experience I have with my 1.1.2 jailbroken. Oh well there is always later. Im sure they will have this perfected in a month or so. For now Ill stick with my boring un-jailbroken phone ...