ziPhone jailbreak/unlock 1.1.3 not saving photos

onrock884

Feb 18, 2008
i upgrade my iPhone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 using ziPhone and now it wont save pictures onto my phone, if it does it just shows up as a white box....any help?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
You need to delete your Picture folder on your iPhone, and let the camera application make a new one for you when a picture is taken. The current folder probably has the user "root" still, and doesn't allow users other than "root" to write to that folder.

You can either Terminal in through an SSH connection and give it the command:

rm /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

which will delete the folder so the application can make a new one.

Or type:

chmod -R 777 /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

which will give all users the permission to write to that folder and anything inside the folder. This is probably the safest method to use.

Jul 9, 2009
You need to delete your Picture folder on your iPhone, and let the camera application make a new one for you when a picture is taken. The current folder probably has the user "root" still, and doesn't allow users other than "root" to write to that folder.

You can either Terminal in through an SSH connection and give it the command:

rm /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

which will delete the folder so the application can make a new one.

Or type:

chmod -R 777 /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

which will give all users the permission to write to that folder and anything inside the folder. This is probably the safest method to use.
Thanks, Works like a charm! I had this same problem.

I guess I should ask you another thing I've been searching for but not sure the best way to do it. I used ZiPhone to unlock my iPhone and I have 1.1.3. I'm searching for a way to upgrade to 2.0.1 if possible. Do you know the best way or can suggest me something?

Thanks again.