ZiPhone, latest release with 1.1.4

prvt.donut

Jan 16, 2008
I have a brand new ipod touch 8GB and tried doing the jailbreak with ziPhone.

it seemed to get stuck repeating the same line of code over and over again.
It was doing it for over 5mins so something was wrong.

I had no option but to kill it, now when i boot the ipod it does the same code loading screen and gets stuck repeating that same code.

i have no idea what to do now, i used ziPhone because people were reporting that it works, but now i have a useless paperweight.

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
I just checked on ZiPhone and it says newer 8gb/16gb are known NOT to work.

Not sure if it works the same on a Touch but try putting it into restore mode by:

1. Turn it off.

2. Hold down the power and home button.

3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

After that just restore it and it should work. I would suggest not jailbreaking until a new version of ZiPhone is released that is compatible with the newer "Touch's"

Good Luck :)

prvt.donut

Jan 16, 2008
SWEEEET!

I will take your advice and wait.

I thought there were reports of it working, from engadget.com. but I guess not. Just tried again after refreshing and same thing again.

I just checked on ZiPhone and it says newer 8gb/16gb are known NOT to work.

Not sure if it works the same on a Touch but try putting it into restore mode by:

1. Turn it off.

2. Hold down the power and home button.

3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

After that just restore it and it should work. I would suggest not jailbreaking until a new version of ZiPhone is released that is compatible with the newer "Touch's"

Good Luck :)

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
yeah its a pretty expensive device so i wouldn't risk it. An update should be out in no time for ZiPhone so you should be good.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I just used ziPhone to jailbreak my 16gig iPhone and it worked great. Man this is awesome. I cant believe i almost didn't even do it

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
there is a way to get past the BSD root 0 minor 2 major 4 screen.

when pressing jailbreak, press it several times, and it will get past that. and as soon as it is done, close ZiPhone otherwise it will keep jailbreaking..

have a great day.