ziPhone newb help please...

Jan 16, 2008
just installed ziPhone and see the installer and everything in it, but how do I find the themes, games and everything that I download/install from it?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Are you saying you've already run ZiPhone and have an Installer icon on your Spring board on the iPhone? If so, just launch Installer and start browsing through the categories for what you're after.
Summerboard is the most popular app for applying themes. There is also a category dedicated to Summerboard themes, and one for Games etc. ...

Jan 16, 2008
i have the installer and can browse everything but I just don't get how to locate what I've downloaded and apply them.

Example...downloaded a summerboard theme and installed it, here's where i'm lost after that...how to apply it?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
i have the installer and can browse everything but I just don't get how to locate what I've downloaded and apply them.

Example...downloaded a summerboard theme and installed it, here's where i'm lost after that...how to apply it?
Ok, now I understand. If you installed Summerboard, then you should see an icon titled SMBPrefs - that's where you select which theme to apply, and various other theme-related sttings. If you don't yet have that icon, then you need to install Summerboard, from under the System category ...

Jan 16, 2008
oooo okay now i gotcha, thanks, now it says i need 1.1.3

Jan 16, 2008
i just downloaded 1.1.4 update and installed ziPhone right after

Jan 16, 2008
i guess i need to downgrade to 1.1.3...any suggestions on how to?

Jan 16, 2008
looking at other posts it seems like it's not yet working with it

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
how do i restore to 1.1.3?
You'll need to find the 1.1.3 firmware .ipsw file (a search in here or on Google should find that pretty quick) - then do a Shift + Click on Restore in iTunes, so that you can choose to use the 1.1.3 .ipsw file for the restore, rather than current firmware ...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

clerici79

Feb 25, 2008
can't locate 1.1.3 file

You'll need to find the 1.1.3 firmware .ipsw file (a search in here or on Google should find that pretty quick) - then do a Shift + Click on Restore in iTunes, so that you can choose to use the 1.1.3 .ipsw file for the restore, rather than current firmware ...
I made a newbie mistake. I upgraded to 1.1.4 and now I can't unlock my iPhone. I'm trying to locate the 1.1.3 firmware file so I can downgrade. I am having trouble finding it.

One other thing, when I do find it and I Shift + Restore i'm not sure how to select the file that I want to use because it shows the system 32 file. I searched and searched but can't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I made a newbie mistake. I upgraded to 1.1.4 and now I can't unlock my iPhone. I'm trying to locate the 1.1.3 firmware file so I can downgrade. I am having trouble finding it.

One other thing, when I do find it and I Shift + Restore i'm not sure how to select the file that I want to use because it shows the system 32 file. I searched and searched but can't find anything.

look above at my post....................

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

OJ answered your first part - where to find the firmware file - thanks OJ.
On your problems with what to do after hitting Shift + Restore, just browse to wherever you download the .ipsw files to, and select the 1.1.3 file. You're not stuck with the directory that it opens to ...

clerici79

Feb 25, 2008
I keep getting a database error. I've registered and activated my account. Do you know of an alternate place to download the file?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I keep getting a database error. I've registered and activated my account. Do you know of an alternate place to download the file?
Yeah, their site has had no end of troubles lately. This link to a thread in EIC with the file should work.

Just for future ref, all I typed in a search here was '1.1.3 ipsw' and found it with no problems ...

clerici79

Feb 25, 2008
I really appreciate your patience. I did the search you mentioned before I posted, I just wasn't sure what to look for. I did find the alternate and am currently downloading.

Thanks again for the assistance. I might be asking a couple more questions. :)