ZiPhone v2.5c for Mac? Is there such a thing?

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
My brother is having some major issues with losing sound on his phone. He jailbroke his phone with ZiPhone GUI v3.0 and everything was all fine and good for a really long time. Then, all of a sudden his sound was gone.

He's done the Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. He's done the complete restore and rejailbreak and he still can't get his sound back. I had the same problem, however ZiPhone GUI v2.5c came to my rescue. The only problem is that the version I have is for Windows only, and he uses a Mac. We have both been Googling ZiPhone GUI v2.5c for Mac and can't find it anywhere?

Is there a Mac user out there that has this and knows where to find it, or something that will help him? He even tried iJailbreak but it kept giving him an error and now he's discouraged from using any other jailbreaker besides ZiPhone.

If no one knows where the Mac version of 2.5c is, if there is such a thing, then can someone recommend a reputable jailbreaker that won't mess up his phone?He has 1.1.4 and uses T-Mobile.

PLEASE HELP! :mad:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
use iDemocracy. I've jailbroken and restored a few times with it, and it has done a great job each time... can't say the same for ZiPhone (although i can't remember which versions they were).

also, (you may know this already, but) when you restore the iPhone, make sure to set it up as a NEW iPhone instead of restoring from a backup.