ZiPhone

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
So I was on 1.1.3 and used ziPhone and it went and did it's thing but now my phone is stuck on the Apple logo screen and wont boot up past that. iTunes wont let me do a restore now please help

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
OK, if you are still stuck, try this.
Disconnect your phone from the cable.
Turn off the phone. ( you might not get the slider, keep holding the power button till the phone powers off.
Once it's off, hold both the power button and the Home button till the Apple logo appears, and then release only the power button.
Release the home button when you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
Connect your phone to your PC and do a restore to 1.1.3 - when it finishes, DON'T restore your settings yet.
Now follow the instructions for ZiPhone and jailbreak again.
Do not touch the phone until it has fully rebooted and is back to the springboard. This is where you would want iTunes to restore your profile.
After everything is finished, you still need to sync to regain your Music and videos.
Once you have finished syncing, you should be good to go.
Reboot once just to be safe and then start installing!

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
So I was on 1.1.3 and used ziPhone and it went and did it's thing but now my phone is stuck on the Apple logo screen and wont boot up past that. iTunes wont let me do a restore now please help
See this youtube video. worked for me like a charm

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
THEHNIC,
It sounds like you used the latest version of jailbreak. Tinman just reported that there is a major bug with it, the exact problem that you are experiencing.
If you want, PM me your email address and I'll email the zip file I have to use.
It was very simple and clean. I suggest using the instructions I have above to make sure it works for you.

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
i'm having major problems after using this method. Used on 2 iPhones
a 3.9 bootloader
and a 4 bootloader

Mojor installer problems as i cannot DL anything and the installer is VERY VERY unstable.

Did a restore to redo the whole process and the phone runs majorly slower than normal.

Not sure what the problem is but as of right now, I do not recommend this method at this time.

Unless there is something that i'm missing

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Tinman is reporting an even newer jailbreak. Follow the guide he updated.

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
do you think they will have a fix for the installer. I've restored and now i'm doing my jailbreak process the normal way and I still cannot DL from the installer. BSD systems took forever to DL and I get Host failed when trying to DL the official 1.1.3 upgrader and the phone takes forever to connect to WIFI. This is crazy

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
All this upgrading to 1.1.3 is proving to be a headache for us. Looking at all the issues people are having makes this an unattractive FW for us with JB/unlocked phones to go to.

Having said that, I would ask myself if it's worth the hassle given the fact that the next FW is just around the corner and is gonna be a major upgrade (possibly called 1.2.x with Flash capability amongst other things).

For me, it's not worth the headache and hassle.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
do you think they will have a fix for the installer. I've restored and now i'm doing my jailbreak process the normal way and I still cannot DL from the installer. BSD systems took forever to DL and I get Host failed when trying to DL the official 1.1.3 upgrader and the phone takes forever to connect to WIFI. This is crazy
Not sure what method you are using, but You can update the firmware to STOCK 1.1.3, and then jailbreak and it should be fine.
Use the method in this link:http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-3-with-the-full-jailbreak-windows-mac.19789/

Last edited by a moderator:

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Hawk is right he help me and I have my phone working and unlocked now.

Thanks again for the help Hawk & themanofthedark

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
Has anybody tried the new ZiPhone jailbreak and can they confirm it works with no problems?

Also, can they post a tutorial and a link to the download.

Also, if there any other EASY jailbreak solutions that are confirmed that work for v1.1.3 iPhone, that would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Most everybody has reported it to work. I used to first method from the Dev Team (downgrading and such), and I would restore and try this method but I'd prefer to not have to re-do my mods.

- John

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
Hmm.... Of course I'm nervous about bricking my phone. I might try it later tonight, but is there anyone else with first-hand experience about the jailbreak working?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
ZiPhone is the second-easiest jailbreak there is; there's basically zero risk of bricking. If something does go wrong, you can restore in iTunes. The method is one-click.

- John

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Got an error message that says the iPhone cannot be restored - error 1602.

Any ideas?

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Did a restore the second time and everything came out fine. Testing everything now. Will post more later.