Zoom in picture!

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Fantomas318 ツ, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

Hello there!
    Am I the only one who is asking questions here in iCafe forums? :)

I have another question about pictures.

If you take a picture from far away then you maybe need to zoom in to see properly.

Is there an app that can save pictures that you zoom in, so you doesn't have to do it all the time?
    What is that apps name?

//Thx for the help!

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Open said photo, click on edit. Use the crop tool to 'zoom' in on the part you want. Click save.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

But be aware if you crop a photo in the photos app, you lose the original size. So if you want to keep the original as well, you need to first put that photo somewhere else. Send it to yourself iMessage or email works. Then after cropping, save the original back to the camera roll.

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I can assure you that you are not the only member asking questions. It would be helpful though if when you have a question, first of a search on the forums to see if anyone has asked a similar question. That is not to say that your question was already asked but it's not a bad idea to give a reminder once in awhile.

It may seem like you are the only one asking questions due to that most of us have a) resolved the problem on our own, b) used Google or c) relied on others to fix our problem.

The stock camera app is really basic for taking pictures. I'd check out Camera+.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Camera+ does have a great cropper. The stock photos app crops great too, but you lose the original.

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

On iOS 7, you will not lose the original if you crop it in the stock photo app. After you crop the photo and change your mind, just edit and crop it again back to the original.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

But you can't have both the original and the cropped image.

8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

That's correct. IMO, I like the way Apple does it because it doesn't create an additional image file that takes up memory. If I'm sharing an image on a social network account like FB or IG, those apps allow me to crop the images anyway so having 2 separate image files isn't necessary for me. If I'm presenting the image on my iPhones display, the original is all I need because I can just pinch to zoom.