Zoom Out in Google Maps w/One Hand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AgentX, Dec 2, 2011.

1. AgentX

AgentX New Member

Hi,

New to iPhone4s after 6 years in Android development, nice hardware for sure.

Couple newbie questions, please excuse my ignorance in iOS.

1. How do you zoom out in Google Maps when holding with one hand? In Android GM, there is simply a plus and minus button on screen for zooming in and out as well as multi touch. I must be missing something on how to zoom out in GM on iPhone?

2. How do you set the homepage in Safari?

Sorry for the dumb questions

#1 AgentX, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  2. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Doesn't seem to be a home page for Safari.

On the maps app, double tap to zoom in. No easy way to zoom out with just the one hand though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Correct. Safari always loads the last page (or tabs) viewed. There is no way to set a Home Page. Double tap to zoom in on maps. Single tap with 2 fingers to zoom out - which can be a little tricky one-handed.

4. jfleming01

jfleming01 Member
    Bronze

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but in Safari, if you go to the page you want as your home page and touch the curved arrow button in the bottom middle it allows you to add this page to your home screen. If you just go there instead of the safari icon I think it achieves the same purpose. Hope this helps.

5. AgentX

AgentX New Member

Thanks for the timely replies, greatly appreciated.

Google holding out on iOS, there are many, many more features in GM for Android, sure they did that on purpose though.