ZULU/GMT time on clock?

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Is it just me or did they really not include a Greenwhich Mean Time clock? I am using ZULU at work and I was looking forward to have a quick access GMT clock on me.

Any ideas on how to get one?

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm not sure about 'quick' but I'd just add Greenwhich to your Clock page. Tap it open and ZULU anytime you need it.

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
I'm not sure about 'quick' but I'd just add Greenwhich to your Clock page. Tap it open and ZULU anytime you need it.
Greenwhich is not available, but it would not help. I have tried the same with London, but the problem is that every English city follows daylight saving patterns but GMT has not DST. Right now the time in Greenwhich is GMT+1h, not GMT.

Thanks anyways!

primsa

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Rockford Il.
I use a city near Greenwhich and then set my clock to 24 hour time.

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Greenwhich is not available, but it would not help. I have tried the same with London, but the problem is that every English city follows daylight saving patterns but GMT has not DST. Right now the time in Greenwhich is GMT+1h, not GMT.

Thanks anyways!
Check this link. Time in Greewhich and GMT is not the same in the summer.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=769

"Please note that the town of Greenwhich does NOT follow Greenwhich Mean Time during summer."

etacsik

Aug 6, 2008
enter "UTC" (Coordinated Universal Time)

greetings

enter "UTC" instead of "GMT"... works on my iPhone 3G

some reference from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmt:

GMT is a term originally referring to mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwhich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, although strictly UTC is an atomic time scale which only approximates GMT in the old sense. It is also used to refer to Universal Time (UT), which is the astronomical concept that directly replaced the original GMT.

cheers!

etacsik

Aug 6, 2008
more timezone issues...

BUT... i do wish, among other wishes ;), that there was capability in World Clock to:

• display UTC time zone offset (in addition to displaying time)
  • select 12 or 24 hour time per individual clock (i.e., not have all world clocks dependent on a general setting)
cheers!

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
BUT... i do wish, among other wishes ;), that there was capability in World Clock to:

• display UTC time zone offset (in addition to displaying time)
  • select 12 or 24 hour time per individual clock (i.e., not have all world clocks dependent on a general setting)
cheers!
That would be sweet! I will have to switch to 24h clock but no biggie for me since I am used to it anyhow.

I have tried ZULU, GMT and along those but I forgot to try UTC. Thanks again!