16 refurb

clock165

Nov 4, 2009
New Orleans LA
juls1585 said:
Are you buying them from AT&T or Apple? If you are then you should be fine. Refurbs go through a lot before they become for sale. Some say they are better inspected than brand new ones...Id say go for it!
From AT&T definitely.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Then I see no problem at all. As Julie said, refurbs are inspected more closely than new ones and parts are replaced as needed. I do believe new batteries are put in all of them too.

ibeathinker

Nov 23, 2009
the only thing i would caution is that the warranty on the phone is from when it was originally registered. so it could have a lot less hardware warranty than a new one. but you could always get the Applecare protection plan to extend that. up to you, other than that i agree with everyone else

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
From personal experience, refurbs seem to be of better quality than new iPhones. They come with 12 months guarantee when bought outright. However, when you have your iPhone replaced with a refurb your warrantee doesn't start again, and runs out after your 365 days from original purchase

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
After all my compliments about Apple, this is what went down:

Waited in all day for UPS to deliver my new black 3GS. I was told the latest they delivered was 7pm

At 9pm UPS delivered my brand new WHITE 3gs! :(

I haven't even opened it. Im waiting for UPS to deliver me a new black 3GS still and have to arrange for Apple to pick up 2 white 3GS' haha