16GB iPhone Released at $499

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Also, can anyone confirm that the battery is different in the 16-gig? That would be an interesting change, one that would make me wonder why (3g)?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Also the 3-G phone does, in fact, already exist, I have seen a picture of it. I will try and find that picture.
Please do share as none of the insider sites or forums have posted any pictures whatsoever of the 3G iPhone. I have no doubt they already have them but I have never even heard of someone mentioning they had seen a pic. I would love to see that pic.:laugh2:

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I'm gonna tough it out with my 4gig till V2 touches the street. 16 gig would be boss right now but I need features more than storage. I was never big on 3G so I'll pass on that one too.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
let's see... used and unlocked 8GB iPhones are going for 375-450 on ebay...

hehe, i might even make a PROFIT on selling.

If i can unlock easily enough, i'm definitely upgrading.

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Wow thats just amazingly ridiculous... Oh well. I got an 8gb, out of total luck which was awesome, and I'll definatly be happy with that until V2. I wouldn't go as far to say I would stand in line for it or anything but I will definatly get one after the majority of the hype dies down.

And some people are wondering why Apple would launch a 16gb like that out of nowhere. Its because no matter what happens if you recently bought your iPhone and want to upgrade you pay $100 and if you aren't in that 2 week window you pay full price. And I'm sure they have had people just toss their 4 or 8gb to the curb to go pay $500 for a new 16gb so nomatter what happens they are making profit off of that. Or at least thats what my opinion on it is.

iCreep.

ERASER

Jan 14, 2007
What a PISSER ! I just got mine 2 weeks ago & damn sure would've held out. . . .. be up to 32 before long. ..

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
I still have 6.95GB left on my 8GB iPhone, should I upgrade to the 16GB? :laugh2:

*end sarcasm......now*
No but I think you are carrying far too much storage for your needs, which is equal to waste. Send me a PM and I'll swap you for a 4GB iPhone. That's the environmentally friendly thing to do. :laugh2:

saphira

Feb 9, 2008
First post for me. I'm waiting on my iPhone, it's sitting at the "local Fedex facility" grrr, but while I wait I'm reading up on it. I had the choice between the 8gb and 16gb and went with the 8gb for 2 reasons. One, I currently have an ipod mini which holds all of my music from iTunes. That's only 4gb so getting an iPhone with twice that space is perfect. Two, $499 for a phone is just too much for me to spend right now. $399 was easier to justify as I had sold about $350 worth of stuff and had saved it up for the phone.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
No but I think you are carrying far too much storage for your needs, which is equal to waste. Send me a PM and I'll swap you for a 4GB iPhone. That's the environmentally friendly thing to do. :laugh2:
ha ha, nice try. Oddly enough when my iPhone interest peaked I wanted the 4gb model because $299 was the right price for me.

BillSinAtl

Jun 12, 2007
Atlanta
iPhone 16g

Is it going to be possible to upgrade to a 16g iPhone if you already have an 8g without getting a new number or extending a contract?

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Is it going to be possible to upgrade to a 16g iPhone if you already have an 8g without getting a new number or extending a contract?
Did it Monday.

For me it was all about storage. I travel a lot for work and with my music I constantly had shuffle playlists around depending on how many movies I wanted to have for the plane. Since I was able to get $360 for my 8g, it was worth the $175 to double my storage, if for nothing less than just a convience factor. 3G isn't a huge selling point for me so I'm comfortable that I'll be keeping this 16g around for as long as possible.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I can't wait until the days of 64+ gig iPhones + disk mode. The idea of putting hi-rez-, mulitrack audio sessions from the studio onto my phone instead of lugging around a firewire drive is extremely cool. Now if only I could get a version of Pro-Tools to run on the thing...

actually, I could deal with just a couple songs at a time with 32...

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Just a question because i haven't got a clear answer... If I buy a 16gb and decided to give my old 8gb to my wife, what am I supposed to do to keep our numbers?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I can't wait until the days of 64+ gig iPhones + disk mode. The idea of putting hi-rez-, mulitrack audio sessions from the studio onto my phone instead of lugging around a firewire drive is extremely cool. Now if only I could get a version of Pro-Tools to run on the thing...

actually, I could deal with just a couple songs at a time with 32...
Did you see the video of the guy that got his iPhone to control protools? Real stuff.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Just a question because i haven't got a clear answer... If I buy a 16gb and decided to give my old 8gb to my wife, what am I supposed to do to keep our numbers?
I am assuming you want to keep your current number on your 8 gig on your new 16gig.

This is only an assumption, but when i went from 8 to 16 i just plugged in the 16 gig registered it with my phone number and my 8 gig sim went inactive.

Now since I sold the 8 gig I am not 100% sure of this, but here are one of 2 things that may work.

First now that the 8 gig is dead plug it into iTunes and see if it lets you register it with your wifes number, it may work, although I am thinking once that sim is dead they wont let you reuse it.

What you will probably have to do is take the 8gig over to an AT&T store and get a new sim (or see if they can reuse your old one) and have it registered to her number.

You wont need a new 2 year contract for the 16 gig but you will probably need one for the 8 gig.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What you will probably have to do is take the 8gig over to an AT&T store and get a new sim (or see if they can reuse your old one) and have it registered to her number.

You wont need a new 2 year contract for the 16 gig but you will probably need one for the 8 gig.
I think this is going to be the right solution.