2 Questions... Please Help!

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
1. So I am out of town using my laptop, my desktop is back in LA... Can I plug my iPhone into my laptop tomorrow to get the update? or will it say I need to sync it to this computer? if I do that will all my info be erased?

2. My laptop is running OSX 10.5.8 ... I go to software update and it says all my software is up to date, even iTunes. Is this high enough to get the new software? o

thanks!

Hooshka

Jul 10, 2007
Berkeley, CA
If you have iTunes 9.2 on your laptop it will allow you to update but will delete all data and apps. If you never synced with the laptop, there will be no restore to get back settings and data. If you move all music to the laptop and transfer apps to it before you leave, then you can sync with it and have a backup waiting for restore on the road. Otherwise, you can upgrade on the road and sync when you get back home. But it will be a bit anticlimactic to upgrade and have nothing on the device to play with until you get home...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Can't you just wait till you get home to your desktop pc to update? It's really not that urgent that you have to lose all your data, only to have to put it all back on when you get home. I would wait.