2014/2015 Football

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I don't know if any of you knew this but 10 out of the 11 footballs were deflated in the Patriots vs the Colts game. It's not like the NFL is going to do anything except reverse the game so the Colts win.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Not defending them, but Blount did plenty to deflate the Colts and the ball didn't matter. The Pats kicked them around and while the ball might have been Patriots friendly, I can't see how it altered the outcome in any shape or fashion.
Oh. Agreed. They did overpower the Colts!! Certainly not as exciting as the early game!!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I don't know if any of you knew this but 10 out of the 11 footballs were deflated in the Patriots vs the Colts game. It's not like the NFL is going to do anything except reverse the game so the Colts win.
Actually, that's not happening. Not even close. It's more like a $25k fine and maybe a draft pick.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
They need to suspend the coach for a year, the GM for 6 games, and take two draft picks.
Brady should probably get involved also. Game balls are customized per the quarterback's needs/preferences. On the other hand, game ball tampering is nothing new. New England just got called on it, perhaps due to their history.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
So I'm assuming there is no way both teams can lose? Big bummer.

With that in mind I'm thinking...

Seattle 27
New England 20

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm all in with the Patriots this year. I think the find a way to contain the running game and force Russell Wilson to beat them, while keeping him contained in the pocket. Revis steps up big and the Pats get at least two turnovers. Gronk gets 2 TDs, but Brady is the MVP. Blount doesn't wow with big stats, but establishes enough of a running game to keep Seahawks defense honest.

Patriots 27
Seahawks 13

Reactions: Zanthe

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I'm all in with the Patriots this year. I think the find a way to contain the running game and force Russell Wilson to beat them, while keeping him contained in the pocket. Revis steps up big and the Pats get at least two turnovers. Gronk gets 2 TDs, but Brady is the MVP. Blount doesn't wow with big stats, but establishes enough of a running game to keep Seahawks defense honest.

Patriots 27
Seahawks 13
One can only hope you're right. Living in Seattle is the ultimate nightmare. Lose Hags, lose!

But I hate NE too...but the old best of two evils thing has to apply here.

If NE wins there will be...

At least at my house.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That was a fantastic Super Bowl and what a finish! I had no particular interest, but glad to see New England Patriots win this year. I just love seeing a close game with twists and turns.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
That was a fantastic Super Bowl and what a finish! I had no particular interest, but glad to see New England Patriots win this year. I just love seeing a close game with twists and turns.
yep, worth staying up into the early hours for! (UK).