2014/2015 Football

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Does time and place affect whether a catch is the greatest? I despise the Giants, but the David Tyree catch needs to be in the conversation.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Arizona are who we thought they were! ;)
Going to be tough to even win the division now! Too bad about Palmer. He was really good. And, then to lose Fitzgerald. Even as a Seahawks fan, I like Arians.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Not to worry Chris, the Bears are embarrassing themselves again.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I just hope it's Seattle. It would be nice revenge for when the Saints had to go to 7-9 Seattle back in 2010. It would be nice to knock them off like they knocked us off that year.
You know that's not going happen!!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Not piling on, but what is going on in Washington. There's a report from the Washington Post that Gruden wants RGIII out. Same night, Adam Schecter from ESPN says Griffin could start before the year ends.

I don't watch him enough, but he was electric during his first year. Too many head coaches, changes for a young guy? If they do trade him, I hope he lands on a smart football team that allows him to naturally progress.

And if he is going to improve, I hope he waits until after they play the Cowboys. That last game of the year is shaping up to be a must win to get in. As it stands, I'd be happy if the Cowboys split their next two against the Eagles and Colts. Stating the obvious, but Andrew Luck vs the Cowboys secondary is not a great matchup.

I hate to say it, but I don't see how the Cowboys win the division. Let's say that they beat the Eagles and Redskins. That puts them at 11-5, with a 4-2 record in the division. If the Eagles lose their next two against the Seahawks and Cowboys, they'll win out vs. Redskins and Giants. That would give them the same 11-5 record, with a better division record at 5-1. There are no easy games in the NFC East, so it's entirely possible the Giants or Skins pull an upset.

The Eagles have to lose 3 of their next 5 and the Cowboys have to win 3 of their next 4.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
What's gong on? Griffin can't play.

Gruden just telling it like it is. Just like Shanahan told it. Snyder didn't want to believe it.

The End.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What's gong on? Griffin can't play.

Gruden just telling it like it is. Just like Shanahan told it. Snyder didn't want to believe it.

The End.
Has Gruden seen enough to make that evaluation? I feel as if this guy was thrown in the fire and then had a rash of injuries. During that time, he lost his running game. Is that offensive line any good? Having witnessed a resurgent O-line, that can change how a QB looks and performs. Just look at Eli.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
@chris I think it goes deeper than evaluating Griffin's play. The guy seems to be a "me first" player. Shanahan didn't like him and now Gruden doesn't like his act either. I think Snyder is coming around to the idea that Griffin might not have what it takes.

I agree his injuries haven't helped but now people are starting to talk about his bad footwork, his inability to ready defenses and his run first mentality. I don't see it with him. He had a great first 5-6 games in the NFL and it's been down hill since. Pick the reason but it doesn't seem like the pro game suits him well at all. He is not a good student according to both his HCs and you have to wonder how he's received in the locker room.