3G chip in chrome bezel

drewatl

Bronze
Jul 5, 2008
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
Looks like im getting another iPhone. Went to the Apple store told the guy my problem at the Genius Bar he looked at said ok. Do you have you the original box that it came in said "no". So I will go back on tuesday with the bag, box, receipt, and all the accessories, and hopefully replace my old iPhone with a new one. Wont be back in the area until tuesday so thats why im getting tuesday.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I also had a cosmetic defect in my first 3G. I traded it in this past Friday after dealing with it for 2 weeks. It really is not much of a hassle to get it swapped out. Just bring the box and receipt with you. within 30 mins, you'll be out with a new phone!

I was hesitant at first to go back, thinking I was being "picky" about such a small defect. But realistically, we did spend a fairly good amount of money on this device, and we should expect for it to be perfect. Apple is very good about customer service, so take advantage of that....we live in a world where companies that do have good CS are hard to come by.

NOVAK

Bronze
If there's even a question that you might be unhappy with it I'd take it back sooner than later like Savio suggested. Why are you intent on holding on to this one when it looks like the chrome wasn't applied evenly?

The exchange process is much easier than the initial purchase process. All you have to do is make an appointment with the Genius Bar online, go to the store, meet with an associate and walk out of there with a brand new unblemished phone in about 20 minutes. I've done it already and it's quite painless.
My volume button became separated from the phone, do you think they will replace it?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Not if it was caused by physical damage as a result of your actions. If it came off on its own, then you're good. If you dropped it and there is physical (visible) damage then you might be out of luck.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
This is true. Apple is usually very good about replacing it, whether you deserve a new phone or not...haha

NOVAK

Bronze
they didn't ask a single question when I exchanged mine

Well I did drop the phone and it broke the screen so I ordered a new screen. Once I fix the screen the phone should look brand new. Top top left hand corner has a nick on it from when I dropped but that is not why the button came off. The volume button is just glued to the phone and it popped off when I was pressing the volume button.

Photos here:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-can-i-get-a-replacement-iphone-3g.30288/

Last edited by a moderator: