3G help needed please

lowrider69

Bronze
Nov 1, 2009
uk/devon
Hi guys,

can anyone help me with my 3g please?

i,ve just updated my iso to 4.2.1 and everything went fine with redsn0w_win_0.9.6before, i used iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore then i updated cydia and installed repo666.ultrasn0w but my iPhone vodafone sim still says no service :(

if i go into carriers in settings it says unable to load network list

any help would be great..Thanks :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hi guys,

can anyone help me with my 3g please?

i,ve just updated my iso to 4.2.1 and everything went fine with redsn0w_win_0.9.6before, i used iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore then i updated cydia and installed repo666.ultrasn0w but my iPhone vodafone sim still says no service :(

if i go into carriers in settings it says unable to load network list

any help would be great..Thanks :)
You will need to update the iPhone 3G baseband to the iPads version. You can do this by running Redsn0w again and make sure the install iPad baseband box is ticked.

I'm sure you can just re-run Redsn0w, I don't think you have to restore.

Kimberly Moore

Jun 17, 2011
Chattanooga, Tennessee
i have an iPhone 3g and jailbroke with redsn0w. it says no service. I downloaded ultrasn0w from cydia and when the sim card is installed there is no service and I can not pull up the settings. Once the sim is not in, you can pull up settings. There is no way to manually set the network either. While sim is in the phone, I can not do anything. I have installed the ipad baseband and have 4.2.1. What can I do so that I am able to make calls because this is frustrating.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Go to Settings > General > Network > Enable 3G > Turn 3G off

If it was already turned off, try toggling airplane mode off and then on, resetting the network settings and doing a hard reset. Press the home and power buttons at the same time until you see the Apple log0.