3G phone iTunes help

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Apple is a hostage to the AT&T software and since everyone is FORCED to activate in the store, it's just a constant hit over and over. Before at least people would go home after shopping or whatever. Some even were activating over the weekend.

So now the AT&T software is under assault. And it's not up to the job. Funny, the reports are that AT&T is allowing people to leave and activate at home but not Apple. Steve must have given his word not to hurt those 2 year contacts and let anyone leave without activation.

Has anyone heard of an Apple Store letting people leave without activation?

Yeah, all those in store activations will slow things down hugely, and make the lines seem at least three times worse. because it is.
I'm at home, and unsuccessfuly trying to activate. I can confirm this.

n33d45p33d

Jun 21, 2007
im getting the same make sure ssl or tls is enabled error. At the att store that i bought it at they didn't do anything to my phone they just scanned the barcode and told me to come home and activate it....i remember with the old iPhone when i was unlocking it to use with tmobile there was a way around the please connect to iTunes screen that we're getting on the phone now does anyone remember how to do it? and if it can even be done on this one?

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
i would rather keep clicking my music then back to iPhone in iTunes that watch water boil in a 100,000 gallon drum. because that might happen first unfortunately. :mad:

Talutha

Jul 17, 2007
So none of yall are able to use the phone? Mine was still in shrink wrap when I got home. I noticed my old iPhone said no signal and I turned my new one on and it told me to connect to iTunes. After I did that once and got my connection reset error I was able to use my phone. It just doesn't have any of my personal settings on it or music because I cant get it to connect.

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
this sucks.. although my friend said after 10-15 min of retrying it finnaly worked.

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
can we call att or something and have them do it another way and not through iTunes>?

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I've been trying to get this to work for over an hour now. I'm probably going to have to go back into an AT&T or Apple store and get them to do it.

Cglz6

Jul 1, 2007
I've been trying to get this to work for over an hour now. I'm probably going to have to go back into an AT&T or Apple store and get them to do it.
No, just wait till the servers are up. I just plugged my iPhone in right now and it just activated. woot woot!

johnny69blaze

Jul 11, 2008
Don't bother I tried already. I went and they told me they hook up the same way we have to do it. Through iTunes...

Side note. They sold out of iPhones after 2 hours!

Cglz6

Jul 1, 2007
they tried connecting it to iTunes but it didn't work. The lady then said just take it home and try activating it.

robbys

Feb 25, 2007
Finally!

I kept clicking back and forth....and....FINALLY WORKED! And... a free 60 day trial to Me.com!

Talutha

Jul 17, 2007
Mine has connected to iTunes and is currently in the restore process! Woohoo! Just keep trying guys. I gave up for about 15 minutes while I ate a hot pocket and randomly hit the button and it went through!

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
UPDATE!

I can actually see my home screen now and click on all the icons. However, I still time-out in my request in iTunes. My iPhone just told me that it couldn't find a signal, and that a signal is required to complete activation. "No Service" still displays in the corner of my phone.