3G phone iTunes help

johnny69blaze

Jul 11, 2008
I hate you activated f*ckers :p

I'm going to sit here all day until I connect!

Mine has connected to iTunes and is currently in the restore process! Woohoo! Just keep trying guys. I gave up for about 15 minutes while I ate a hot pocket and randomly hit the button and it went through!

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
dammit man! i just keep clicking and getting the error still.. how long did you guys try for? i wish we could just be put in line or something ya know?

you think it is just that we have to wait for a line to open or something and it goes through? whats this talk about wait til the servers are up? huh?

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
UPDATE!

I can actually see my home screen now and click on all the icons. However, I still time-out in my request in iTunes. My iPhone just told me that it couldn't find a signal, and that a signal is required to complete activation. "No Service" still displays in the corner of my phone.
how did you get to the home screen on the phone? i only have the slide for emergency on mine.. nothing else.

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
Got my phone from AT&T, went home to activate. Finally got mt phone number to appear, iTunes kicked me out. Now, it keeps connecting to the store and I get the time-out message, so I can't even get to do the restore from my old iPhone. This really sucks having 1 bricked old phone and another in whatever condition.:mad:

jimmyissooper

Sep 7, 2007
Just got it activated, restored, and it's currently syncing and putting my old data back on there.

It was weird, I had it hooked up, nothing was going on with iTunes and I got a text message and it sent me to the iPhone home screen, 3 minutes later I refreshed and it let me activate.

Talutha

Jul 17, 2007
The sad part is that it is taking even longer to restore my phone then it took to activate it...

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Called AT&T

I just got off the phone w/ an AT&T rep and she said Apple told them that the entire system is down as of right now and to have people try again later.

-This sucks..

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I was kind of anticipating the iTunes delay, so though I'm not thrilled, I'm not shocked. What did NOT occur to me AT ALL was that until I can get this to work, I'm without a phone... even to just use as a phone... or to text. It's TERRIBLE.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
man this is really pissing me off!
this sucks to no end.....

but at the same time, i'm just glad i got this beauty in my hands

butttt, i can't use my phone right now!
I'm just trying to get an upgrade. I would be hopping mad if I had the new phone and couldn't use it.

anneuryzm

Jul 8, 2008
They've deactivated my old SIM, so I've got an old phone that doesn't work, and a still-bricked-iphone! ;)

euroluv

Jul 11, 2008
Two multi-billion dollar companies and they couldn't "see" or plan for this? I was one of the first seven people in to get the phone at my local store, and they originally tried to activate through iTunes. Then I over heard the manager and some Rep guy talking and more or less it was a "Let's get them activated and out of here so we can sell as many as we can, they'll figure it out at home" thing. Ugh, they are lucky this phone is so sexy and I don't mind waiting a little longer....

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Ugh, I am SO sick of "We could not complete your iTunes store request..." Can't it at least be set up to retry automatically? Should I just take a break and come back later? I'm getting hungry... but if there's a tiny chance that I'll miss a little window of opportunity.. ugh. This is gonna be a long day.

johnny69blaze

Jul 11, 2008
I'm sick of this $#!t too! All I can do is watch that stupid connect your iPhone to iTunes screen and make emergency calls and I'm done looking at the connect screen so I'm going to start making some emergency calls!

911- "is this an emergency"
Me- "Why yes, I can't connect to f*cking iTunes for activation!"

:cool: