3G phone iTunes help

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
im with you! i am at the office, told someone to pick me up some wendy's on their way back. hah

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I'm sick of this $#!t too! All I can do is watch that stupid connect your iPhone to iTunes screen and make emergency calls and I'm done looking at the connect screen so I'm going to start making some emergency calls!

911- "is this an emergency"
Me- "Why yes, I can't connect to f*cking iTunes for activation!"

:cool:

keep us informed. :p

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Man, wish we can somehow merge all these "can't sync/update/iTunes down threads". No one is searching for info and just posting, so its harder to keep up and try and help people.

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
im about to start doing some work... at work.. and forget about this for an hour..... on second thought. naaahhhh... :)

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
OK. Here is the deal on my end. I have two iPhones. 1 is a brand spanking new 3g ( I was the first person out of the Apple store at the First Colony Mall in Houston!) and my fiance's v1.

On the 3g, i did not get activation in store, so they told me to go home and do it. I walked outside, used their wifi to try, and got the -9838 a couple times. I decided to go home and give it a go. At home I have been getting the -4 error for over 1.5 hrs.

On my fiance's v1, I upgraded her to 2.0 firmware, and it went all the way to the activation iTunes mess. Then that returned the timeout error. This happened for over 1.5 hrs.

What I did was every time I got an error message, I would click OK, then I would click on the podcast or apps menu on the right, and then back on iPhone, so it would restart the process.

After 1.5 hrs, my fiances v1 actually did something and is up and running. Everything that is except for apps syncing with her phone. She can download them from the wifi app store, but not sync the ones we downloaded yesterday.

SO.....if you keep doing the clicking method, it does work, at least on just firmware upgrades.

tgwinn

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
i have been trying since 10 am....still no go....getting a message that says "We could not complete your iTunes store request. The network connection was reset. Make sure your network connection is active and try again." This is the message i have gotten since i started trying to activate the phone.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! ACTIVATION THROUGH iTunes IS WORKINGGGGGGGGGG!

Keep the faith, people!

tgwinn

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
still trying...strangely enough..my phone unbricked and started working..but the lady at the att store said that it still didn't show the iPhone on my number so that it wasn't updated on my account properly...so i am still trying to get it to complete the activation process completely.

euroluv

Jul 11, 2008
Wow, finally it worked. All registered!

See I think the trick here is to do what I did:
1.) Blink twice
2.) Do a double heel tap where the iPhone can see you
3.) Do #1 and #2 while screaming at the iPhone

Or maybe I just got lucky and 1-3 won't work for you.
But alteast it IS up and running, so keep trying if you're having problems, eventually it works! Good luck to who's still at it!

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I think I am at the last step, adding your credit card info for iTunes just incase you buy something, but its says "we are having techincal difficulties please try again later" thats where I am at, but I can use my phone, but nothing has sync yet.

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
I can sync, but I have "no signal". My v1 still works.

EDIT: I called AT&T. They rebooted my phone through the computer and now everything works.