3GS and Exchange 2003 Problem?

thealiencow

Bronze
Sep 14, 2008
This is my first post on EIC, but I've been reading it for months.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing issues with Exchange with their new 3GS. I upgraded my old 3G to 3.0 on Wednesday and didn't have any trouble with Exchange. However, when I went to do the same setup on my brand new phone, it just doesn't want to work.

I set up the account and the phone accepts the security requirements, but is never able to sync mail, contacts or calendar events. Interestingly, I can still send email through the Exchange server.

I called IT, and they were ever so helpful, "Try deleting the account and setting it up again." Great, I've only done that 20 times.

So, has anyone else had similar problems? Or perhaps it's some esoteric setting on the college's server? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nbviper

Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
MA
I had my 3G and 3GS accessing the exchange server at work today without any issues. Sorry, no clue.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Do you have an enterprise plan or the regular $30 data plan? I am wondering if they are somehow regulating users on this more closely with the new phone. I currently can use exchange on my 3G with the $30 plan

thealiencow

Bronze
Sep 14, 2008
Do you have an enterprise plan or the regular $30 data plan? I am wondering if they are somehow regulating users on this more closely with the new phone. I currently can use exchange on my 3G with the $30 plan
I've got the regular $30 personal plan. It doesn't work over Wi-Fi either.