5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Now Available

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks Europa, I kept wondering why it kept failing after 3 times. I'm glad I came on here and saw your post. (y)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! It worked, thanks again for the tip, Europa. All seems smooth so far. (y)(y)
Cool! Glad to help. :)
i didn't do the erase thing................i just upgrade to 5.1.1......and now doing the JB, but it is taking AWHILE
It will take a while if your phone isn't empty to start with.

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
Fast and easy, as usual (in my experience) with Absinthe. Start to finish was about 10mins for me, I had updated to 5.1.1 last night but didn't do the erase. Back in businesss!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Computer issues here. Trying to do a clean restore to 5.1.1 and now I'm getting an iTunes error 14. Trying to trouble shoot it now. Hope it works!
Disable your antivirus, reboot, use a different USB cable (if you have one) and a different USB port (direct connection - no hub).

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
mines seems to get stuck 1/4 way through and then absinthe stops working............says error....could not connect to lockdownd.....

whatever that is

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
mines seems to get stuck 1/4 way through and then absinthe stops working............says error....could not connect to lockdownd.....

whatever that is
Please post a screenshot or the exact message.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

whatever that is
Restoring in iTunes and then running Absinthe again should fix this error:
Error detecting device lockdown error -5

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Looks like the Cydia servers are getting pretty slammed right now. :cautious:

I guess I was lucky to get my iPad j/b in the first try. Although, I did do the restore content and settings the other day to see if it would fix the battery issue after I updated to 5.1.1.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm seeing lots of 500 internal server errors when trying to install Cydia apps - just retrying the install several times over has worked for 2 so far. Anyone else seeing these? I'm guessing these may just be due to servers being slammed today.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I'm seeing lots of 500 internal server errors when trying to install Cydia apps - just retrying the install several times over has worked for 2 so far. Anyone else seeing these? I'm guessing these may just be due to servers being slammed today.
Yes, I saw this as well. It worked fine the second time I installed an app.

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
Yep, me too. Persistence pays off, but also adds to the load on the servers. So I've moved on to installing other packages, and when I come back around to the problem package it seems to work.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Same here.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
did the jailbreak on the ipad 3 earlier this morning and all is working well so far!
iPad was stock 5.1 updated to 5.1.1 a few days ago. ran tiny umbrella first tto save shsh blobs, ran jailbreak on a windows machine(in administrator mode) and SOOO glad to have a few tweaks on the ipad finally! Infinfolders, SBsettings, etc...

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
did the jailbreak on the ipad 3 earlier this morning and all is working well so far!
iPad was stock 5.1 updated to 5.1.1 a few days ago. ran tiny umbrella first tto save shsh blobs, ran jailbreak on a windows machine(in administrator mode) and SOOO glad to have a few tweaks on the ipad finally! Infinfolders, SBsettings, etc...
That's great! Do you know of any website with confirmed Cydia apps for 5.1 and 5.1.1?