5.5" iPhone 6 Case Mockup Compared to iPhone 5s

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This one looks like the Samsung Galaxy Mega! While there is a lot of chatter about folks wanting Apple to actually stick to the current 5/5s dimensions, it looks to me like the iPhone 6 at 4.7" will be the biggest iPhone upgrade (no pun intended) ever. Sales of the 5s were huge - much bigger than most analysts figured - and showed the pent up demand for "the next great thing" from Cupertino. I'm betting the larger iPhone will smash all previous records. And for those folks who want the older form factor Apple will be offering the 5s for a while too, right along side of the 6.
I think they'll make two or three sizes of the new phone available and one of them will be 4". I think they realize that a lot of their customers want to stick with the current size.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Ok I will chime in. Most people here have had iPhone for years and love them including me. I get the next iPhone for many reasons but not one of them would be size.
On the other hand my husband never asked for a new phone. He did not care much. I had to convince him he needs a smart phone in the 1st place. He used to get the "Hand me downs" since he was content with just an iPhone. This is the 1st year he actually keeps up a little with the rumors. He tells me he wants the iPhone 6 as long as there is a bigger screen. So the mainstream (my hubby? LMAO) may just want the bigger screen.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
It seems like the folks on this forum are mostly against a size increase, but EVERY iPhone owner I know- and that is a lot- wants a much bigger phone. Some have switched to the Note although they preferred the iPhone because of the size.

Those that have switched, and those that haven't, are all waiting for the 6. If it isn't MUCH larger- like the Note- not like the lame 5s increase- they will sit pat or go Samsung. Personally, I stayed with my 4s because the main thing I want is real increased size, followed by NFC; neither of which the 5s had. If they don't increase for the 6, I will not buy. Probably just stay with 4s until Apple hears us. Or maybe I'll take a closer look at Samsung.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I want a bigger screen so I can read my wive's messages to me better. Dang, it sucks getting old. Where did I put my readers?

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
I think they'll make two or three sizes of the new phone available and one of them will be 4". I think they realize that a lot of their customers want to stick with the current size.
Interesting idea. I always assumed Apple would keep the 5s as the 4" option. But if they're doing any significant kind of redesign it makes sense to standardize as much as possible and make a family of iPhone 6 models. it might also ramp up the excitement a little more. "All New" and the like.