5 Apps to be added to Touch

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Charging previous owners $20 while keeping the price of the Touch the same seems a but more unfair than the $200 price drop. I'm sure people are going to pay but if enough people protest maybe they can get it for free, similar to the $100 credit from Apple. I'd pay for the convenience of it, and hey, it's only $20.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I would really like to hear their reasoning for this nonsense. it's not like they had to spend a ton of manhours writing the code... these were already on the iPhone! are they trying to deter people from updating all atonce to ease the burden on their servers? afterall, they did announce BIG iPod touch, iPhone, and iTunes updates all at the same time... who knows.

where does it end? are they gonna charge us iPhone users for cut&paste when (if) they implement it?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I would really like to hear their reasoning for this nonsense.

are they gonna charge us iPhone users for cut&paste when (if) they implement it?
I don't reckon there is any reasoning they could put forward that isn't going to come off as either completely lame or arrogant or shades of both. It's another b*tch-slap for early adopters after just a few months. Not good PR at all ...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
sure its only 20 bucks. i spend that in coffee and energy drinks a week, but it is the principal that they do this to people...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
principles, indeed. I signed the petition (even though it is very crude and not likely to get Apple's attention), and i don't even have an iPod touch.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I certainly have to agree that it's treading on principles that Apple used to hold so high. They realized the backlash they got form iPhone users after the price drop so I don't see how they cannot expect the same from Touch owners. I can understand if they raised the price on all new Touch purchases by $20 but they're definitely not doing that. Question though, say that an Apple store or other retailer had a Touch in stock prior to MacWorld but before the update, would it cost the new buyer $20 even though it's brand new and after the software release?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I certainly have to agree that it's treading on principles that Apple used to hold so high. They realized the backlash they got form iPhone users after the price drop so I don't see how they cannot expect the same from Touch owners. I can understand if they raised the price on all new Touch purchases by $20 but they're definitely not doing that. Question though, say that an Apple store or other retailer had a Touch in stock prior to MacWorld but before the update, would it cost the new buyer $20 even though it's brand new and after the software release?
no kidding... kinda makes those a bit difficult to sell... maybe Apple will just take them back from retailers... of course, they're under no obligation to. What's most likely to happen is the retailers will end up selling them to customers that don't know any better.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Maybe $20 Refund If Touch Bought After Jan. 1st

Engadget is reporting that iPod Touch users who bought after January 1st, may be due a refund of the $20 for the January apps upgrade. Not confirmed by Apple Inc. yet. Article is HERE. And here's an excerpt:

If you got your touch after January 1st, you should still be within the window of Apple's price protection, meaning Apple's standard policy for this stuff should allow you to update your touch apps and apply for a credit back on the $20 levy. The Apple mothership didn't yet confirm, but multiple customer service agents said those who bought online shouldn't have a problem getting their Jackson back, son (and those who bought in an Apple store should run on over to get a $20 refund).

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well that's only because of the price protection... nothing to do with conceding to being jackasses.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
well that's only because of the price protection... nothing to do with conceding to being jackasses.
Oh, I know - I still think it's ridiculous. At this rate, even Microsoft (who seem to have the marketing flair of a lump of coal) might figure out they should maybe run some 'hitting back' ads touting how Apple despises early adopters ...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hehe... that would be cool.

even better if they could somehow hire the guys from the Mac vs PC ads.