5s vs. 5 noticeable differences?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You're not a photographer?! Um...I've seen your instagram. You are definitely a good photographer. Your pics are amazing. (y)
I'm inconsistent because I've never actually picked up a book and read about photography, so even thou I get a few right here and there a struggle a lot. But I did learn the camera better than anyone I know, it's not just pick up and shoot, you really need to play with it, apps like 645 PRO are great for that, they really get the most out of it and the results can be amazing considering it's just a phone camera. So I don't consider myself a photographer, but I like the hobby, heck, I didn't know about the rule of third till a month ago lol

Sent using iCafe app

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm inconsistent because I've never actually picked up a book and read about photography, so even thou I get a few right here and there a struggle a lot. But I did learn the camera better than anyone I know, it's not just pick up and shoot, you really need to play with it, apps like 645 PRO are great for that, they really get the most out of it and the results can be amazing considering it's just a phone camera. So I don't consider myself a photographer, but I like the hobby, heck, I didn't know about the rule of third till a month ago lol

Sent using iCafe app
Some people such as yourself just seem to have a knack for it.

Reactions: Bennyboy
I'm not a photographer but I really wanted to try the camera in low light, I think any difference we can see it there, and didn't find any apps on the 5S installed that let me play with focus and exposure. Btw I forgot to check on the 5S, does it have that option stock? Just out of curiosity.

Sent using iCafe app
Benny I have noticed the low light and night photos on the 5s are incredible compared to my 5. I haven't had the chance to mess with anything editable yet but from what I've taken in almost full darkness have been pretty quality even when I zoom in on the pic.

Sent using iCafe app

Reactions: Bennyboy

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
I am a photographer by trade. And the 5S is the first phone camera that I actually like. Although I'm coming from a 4S, not a 5... so my opinion probably doesn't amount to Jack.
The pano, burst, and slo-mo are all welcome "improvements".

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I've encountered spots where the 5S is so much faster than the 5, I've done a double take. You know the old adage, "Safari seems faster" -- I've seen it load pages full stop with no delay, literally as fast as a desktop machine. Games and apps that had long load times, almost down to nothing now (I'm sure the bottleneck is the speed of the flash at this point). Frame rates are pegging Vsync in almost every case except some excessive things like 3dmark's extreme test. Camera is immediate. I'm seriously questioning whether the phone is actually closing apps when I throw the cards away, because some of them load up and put me right back in the same spot in the same time it took them to just resume on the 5.

I haven't had much occasion to use the new camera yet, but I wonder if I can make it do 60 FPS standard-mo.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
Only thing i like about the 5s is the new space grey colour. But i know the iPhone 6 will look sexier and most likely have bigger display! So until then
my trusty iPhone 5 will be fine :)

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB