64gb iPad

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Thousand Oaks, Californication
Yes I am on the bandwagon. I have to say, considering I was looking at net books and low end laptops, I am quite pleased with the speed and ease of use. As I have a 3G iPhone and a 16gb touch, there was very little learning curve if any. The layout of options is actually far better than it's counterparts! Don't know what I'll do with this unit when next years comes in with the camera. :-/

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
Welcome to the club :) I'm not interested in a camera as much as I am about the possibility of Apple adding RetinaDisplay to the next iPad.

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
timothy said:
Kinda wondering why wifi is backwards... 200k down and 1600k up.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
As in Kb (bits) or KB (bytes)? Are you sure it's not recording 200KB down and 1600Kb up?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
That app does kb, mb, and kB. It's odd that you would be getting faster uplink than down. Are you testing over wifi? If so, do you have any other device on the network hogging up bandwidth?

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
So how important is the GPS chip that you do not get unless you get the 3G model. As new applications start to come out this fall...how important will having the GPS become?

Richard_P_Harvey

Bronze
Jan 28, 2010
So how important is the GPS chip that you do not get unless you get the 3G model. As new applications start to come out this fall...how important will having the GPS become?
Im thinking that is going to be the single biggest reason that we MyWi users will some day say "darn should have got the 3G"

Sonny Burnett

Bronze
Mar 8, 2010
Yes I am on the bandwagon. I have to say, considering I was looking at net books and low end laptops, I am quite pleased with the speed and ease of use. As I have a 3G iPhone and a 16gb touch, there was very little learning curve if any. The layout of options is actually far better than it's counterparts! Don't know what I'll do with this unit when next years comes in with the camera. :-/
The iPad is great. No need to boot anything up in the morning. Just a couple of swipes and I get all of the stock market futures in less than 30 seconds.

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
ZipZap said:
Having the GPS chip would be nice but I have an iPhone for that. More portable and far more easily mountable in a car LOL. Have you seen some of the car mount mods on YouTube? I'm sorry but they just look silly to me. I'm more often the driver than my wife so I'd rather have my iPhone mounted in the TT car kit. And in rare instances that I'm a passenger with my iPad, I'd rather be reading or playing WWF than side seat navigating. :p Everyone has their own opinion on this of course but for me the WiFi only was the better choice.

Besides, it will be a little easier to justify the purchase of the 2nd gen model next year which will hopefully sport the new Retina Display! :)

AllenConder

Bronze
Dec 13, 2009
Well Honestly Im A Steve Jobs Apologist. And As A Business Man I Understand Why He (Or Whoever Really Runs The Show) Now Choose To Leave Out Features On The iPad. The iPhone Is Apples Baby, So Unseen Features Like Retina Display, Multitasking, And Front Facing Cameras, Will Always Go iPhone 1st...I Like That Reason More Then "We Have The Tech To Do Something, But Would Rather Save It So You Buy The Next Model"

*Edit* I Ment Steve Jobs As A Business Man, Im No Business Man...Not Even Close LMAO