6PM Waiting Time

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
no product experience as of yet.. word is not until the 26th will we receive specifics. i will have to keep myself off of these boards for those few days so as to not jeapordize my job by slip of the tongue

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
no product experience as of yet.. word is not until the 26th will we receive specifics. i will have to keep myself off of these boards for those few days so as to not jeapordize my job by slip of the tongue
So theres no way you'd tell us any specifics? haha that sounds so selfish of me.

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
Im thinking they said pm to throw us off. AM seems more likely, and traditional.
Why would they want to throw you off. A company does not spend millions to market and then try to throw off customers. So, for now, until there is otherwise proof, I believe the 6 P.M. time is relevant, at least for Apple stores. My local Apple store, the one that I plan to go to, mentioned that they will have a regular day without the iPhone until 4 P.M. on the 29th. At four, they are planning to close the store and get ready, to launch the phone at six. I will go back this weekend to confirm, but this is exactly what the rep told me. I know Steve Jobs likes to joke around and all, but I don't think he would joke around about releasing the iPhone.

b7bydesign

May 25, 2007
Knoxville, TN
ill be waiting outside a local AT&T store the morning of the 29th, and if they decided to wait till 6, ill walk across the street to the mall where our Apple store is and just wait there.

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
ill be waiting outside a local AT&T store the morning of the 29th, and if they decided to wait till 6, ill walk across the street to the mall where our Apple store is and just wait there.
Sounds like a plan to me. As long as I can get this cleared up and make sure it'll be a 6 P.M. release, I will be at my Apple store around noon. That should be enough time, considering the number 3 Million keeps coming up as the answer of questions of supplies. It is gonna be a huge launch, and we can only hope they have the supply to back it up.

b7bydesign

May 25, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Sounds like a plan to me. As long as I can get this cleared up and make sure it'll be a 6 P.M. release, I will be at my Apple store around noon. That should be enough time, considering the number 3 Million keeps coming up as the answer of questions of supplies. It is gonna be a huge launch, and we can only hope they have the supply to back it up.
well said. that 3 million number is also helping me get sleep these days.

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
well said. that 3 million number is also helping me get sleep these days.
Thank you :laugh2:. Yeah, I have read that in the Wall Street Journal, and on numerous other websites, and I really hope that these articles are true and millions of iPhones will be served on silver platters, into our iGreedy hands. On day one, that is.

lexluthor3424

Jun 2, 2007
Why would they want to throw you off. A company does not spend millions to market and then try to throw off customers. So, for now, until there is otherwise proof, I believe the 6 P.M. time is relevant, at least for Apple stores. My local Apple store, the one that I plan to go to, mentioned that they will have a regular day without the iPhone until 4 P.M. on the 29th. At four, they are planning to close the store and get ready, to launch the phone at six. I will go back this weekend to confirm, but this is exactly what the rep told me. I know Steve Jobs likes to joke around and all, but I don't think he would joke around about releasing the iPhone.

well i see it as fanatics camping out the night before, through to the morning of the 29th.. BOOM. They open the doors, but only give a limited quantity- thus saving some for the non-insane-fanatics actually going at 6 pm