A. Bold move

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Well I am an Apple fanboy but at work we use Blackberrys and few days ago I was upgraded to an BOLD. I have to say this is a very neat device. I know people harp on about the things that are missing from the iPhone but I had forgotten how good the blackberry features are. Ok there's no touch screen but the bold in an online dream machine and where connectivity is concerned it really does cream the iPhone. No hoping in and out of programmes to connect to a instant messaging service.

Ok it doesn't compete with the iPhone from a media point of view but I just wonder why Apple don't just go for the juggular and implement these types of services on the iPhone.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones and have the best of both worlds but I would love to be head of marketing at one of these companies. My motto would be 'let's put it all in the phone and stop farting about'

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would love to be head of marketing at one of these companies. My motto would be 'let's put it all in the phone and stop farting about'
I believe all the phone manufactures get together and decide who will have what features. Then they make sure there isn't too much overlap so that there is never a perfect phone and you have to constantly be getting the newest just to get a few features that should be in every phone.:p

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Ok it doesn't compete with the iPhone from a media point of view but I just wonder why Apple don't just go for the juggular and implement these types of services on the iPhone '
I would like to say to the OP (iRobot). I love the title of your thread. Brilliant use of words.

I cannot agree with the above quoted statement of yours. I could be misunderstanding what you are saying as the word "media" could cover many functions. It is my belief that the sound quality (without headphones) and screen clarity alone make the Bold certainly a formidable opponent of the iPhone's media functions. I also noticed no difference in sound quality with headphones attached. The music and video play back interfaces on both devices are well thought out and easy to navigate.

Could you please give a little more insight as to why you believe the "media" functions of the Bold pale in comparison to the iPhone? Mark

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Well I am an Apple fanboy but at work we use Blackberrys and few days ago I was upgraded to an BOLD. I have to say this is a very neat device. I know people harp on about the things that are missing from the iPhone but I had forgotten how good the blackberry features are. Ok there's no touch screen but the bold in an online dream machine and where connectivity is concerned it really does cream the iPhone. No hoping in and out of programmes to connect to a instant messaging service.

Ok it doesn't compete with the iPhone from a media point of view but I just wonder why Apple don't just go for the juggular and implement these types of services on the iPhone.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones and have the best of both worlds but I would love to be head of marketing at one of these companies. My motto would be 'let's put it all in the phone and stop farting about'
BB Bold is the phone that I really want to buy nowadays. Since the N97 isn't out yet and there's no estimated time for its release, Bold is the best choice for me. I love all qwerty keyboard phones even though most people hate them. Unfortunately, I can not buy a Bold here because the only BlackBerries we have are Curves I think and they come with businesss plans that I don't like. I'd like to use my own plan on it but I can't. So I'd have to buy a factory unlocked one, a friend of mine told me it costs $650 USD (an unlocked BB Bold), is that true?

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Since leaving the iPhone for my Bold, I can honestly say I haven't looked back once. No offense to anyone of course, but the Bold beats out the iPhone in just about every category. Connectivity, features, screen (smaller, but has the same amount of pixels), battery, CPU processing power, practicality...hell it even looks better IMO. The only thing the iPhone has the Bold beaten is in the apps category.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Since leaving the iPhone for my Bold, I can honestly say I haven't looked back once. No offense to anyone of course, but the Bold beats out the iPhone in just about every category. Connectivity, features, screen (smaller, but has the same amount of pixels), battery, CPU processing power, practicality...hell it even looks better IMO. The only thing the iPhone has the Bold beaten is in the apps category.
Re: Your Post

If you want a good laugh check out the comments section of a blog I posted regarding your subject here on EiC's myBlog. Click Here....Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Re: Your Post

If you want a good laugh check out the comments section of a blog I posted regarding your subject here on EiC's myBlog. Click Here....Mark
Lol, what a n00bcake. He shut up pretty fast after your last post

Way to stick it to Apple and it's closeminded fanboys Mark :)

** I cut and pasted that smiley on my Bold ^^ :laugh2: **

Last edited by a moderator:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I could probably look this up on AT*T website but does the Bold have voice activated dialing?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
The only thing that is hindering me is the ability to load music/movies onto the bold easily from OS X. Plus, I have DRM files. Oh yes, and the apps. But I still want to get one. Does anyone use a Bold and OS X?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The only thing that is hindering me is the ability to load music/movies onto the bold easily from OS X. Plus, I have DRM files. Oh yes, and the apps. But I still want to get one. Does anyone use a Bold and OS X?
Very good point, and I would have to probably burn ALL my iTunes music and then put them back in another file on my Mac? to use them with this phone correct? Or is there a better way to get iTunes music on one of these phones?
Thanks Sav-I was hoping it was a no on the voice activated part so I wouldn't be more tempted:p:p:p, but I have until next December to decide unless I pay ETF.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It's not the iPhone that grabbed my attention to the picture, Mark. ;)

But you know, I won't hit on Connie since she's married and I'm sure she loves her husband! Btw, I hope you both are doing ok and he's doing fine in his job.