A Thought on Volume Problems

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
The only thing I really have to say about the volume, is more along the lines of the speaker or EQ quality. I dunno which it is, but when i'm listening to particularly "loud" music, the speakers tend to distort easily at louder volumes. I have to turn my music to really low volume levels (per the volume display on-screen) for the sound to come out clearly.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
You say your volume is fine, ok. Some of us don't sit at home, in an office, or a classroom. Go to an Airport, a Construction Site, a busy Mall, a Grocery Store, a Bar, or just Six Flags. Put your iPhone in pocket (not your face trying to show it off) and see how many missed calls you have and then sit down and watch a movie and see if you can hear it. Yes, my volume is great when I sit in bed.

It would be nice if Apple fixes it with an update, but I won't return my iPhone because of it. By the end of the month it should be fixed with a Seem Edit if Apple doesn't.

Hacking is all about unlocking the full potentional of the iPhone. It just takes a little time.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
You say your volume is fine, ok. Some of us don't sit at home, in an office, or a classroom. Go to an Airport, a Construction Site, a busy Mall, a Grocery Store, a Bar, or just Six Flags. Put your iPhone in pocket (not your face trying to show it off) and see how many missed calls you have and then sit down and watch a movie and see if you can hear it. Yes, my volume is great when I sit in bed.

It would be nice if Apple fixes it with an update, but I won't return my iPhone because of it. By the end of the month it should be fixed with a Seem Edit if Apple doesn't.

Hacking is all about unlocking the full potentional of the iPhone. It just takes a little time.
I can hear it ring when I'm in my roadster, top down, driving on the freeway. Oh and BTW, it has a very loud exhaust.

I'm starting to think maybe some of you should get your hearing checked. :p

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I can hear it ring when I'm in my roadster, top down, driving on the freeway. Oh and BTW, it has a very loud exhaust.

LOL
Yeah, it's plenty loud for me.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007

Sure, the way you negatively talk trash about other people make me believe you. All you have done is talk Sh@t about people complaints.

PS. I have owned the HTC8525, HTC8125, LG CU500, and RAZR in the last 9 months and had no issues with ringer volume with them.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I could care less if you believed me or not. Point is most iPhones are fine and you're deaf. :)

seabreeze

Jul 1, 2007
My volume has been fine since day 1. My iPhone has been fine since day 1.
Mav, I would like to try your iPhone. Obviously I cannot, my point being that every phone I tried in the Apple store had low volume. I am not saying that it isn't okay for some of you out there. It's just that Apple need to allow us to set it as high as we want to. Lowering the volume settings and raising them up again, did not help my phone. Also I had my LG ENV 9900 with me and made a direct comparison on the spot. Apple provide a speaker phone, thereforee it should work as a speaker phone, don't you think? BTW, I am not an Apple basher, I have 6 Apple computers in my home and am about to buy a Macbook Pro. I love their products, so I am not bashing the iPhone. I think it's the most stunning phone out there, but it must work as a phone before all else. I know that all the other issues like MMS and SMS issues will all get fixed...... I tried my best to find out if the Volume issue could be fixed with a software fix, unfortunately no one could confirm that, not at the Apple store and not at Apple itself! If you go on the Apple discussion boards you will see that the volume issue is one of the biggest problems with the phone. Some have even said it's only with the 8G units.
I know they will fix it, and I am just waiting for that fix. Need a phone that works, not a toy to play with!

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Good reply Seabreeze.

I tell you what MAV, if Apple doesn't address the issue with the volume then your right.

If you ever have a missed call in loud place due to not hearing it, your wrong.

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
More volume. More electricity required.

Brighter picture. More electricity required.

I've posted this before, and remain steadfast on it.

When Apple announced an increase in battery life
before the product was released, what they likely
did, is tweak the capacities of various features of the
iPhone back, in order to increase the battery life.

As far as volume goes though.

Even an old fashioned telephone is not going to
override a trash truck driving by. Or some other loud
annoying piece of equipment.

Maybe it's all about our personal selective hearing ability?
Maybe some of us just hear through noise better than other's?

Always enjoying this place,

John

iBanker

Jul 5, 2007
Volume

It definitely helped! Slide the volume slider in settings all the way to zero and then back up again. Also turn off the volume check in iPod. My volume is louder now. It's a software glitch that can probably be fixed.

To the idiot who said we are all deaf, get a life. So many people are having this problem. And the solution above works.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
More volume. More electricity required.

Brighter picture. More electricity required.

I've posted this before, and remain steadfast on it.

When Apple announced an increase in battery life
before the product was released, what they likely
did, is tweak the capacities of various features of the
iPhone back, in order to increase the battery life.

As far as volume goes though.

Even an old fashioned telephone is not going to
override a trash truck driving by. Or some other loud
annoying piece of equipment.

Maybe it's all about our personal selective hearing ability?
Maybe some of us just hear through noise better than other's?

Always enjoying this place,

John
:rolleyes:

The volume sucks.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The volume problem is nothing more than a 1st generation mistake. The treo 650 had it and the xv6700 also had it. It a classic issue of not testing the phone with enough people in enough real word situations. A have played with two separate devices and both of them had low volume issues.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
The volume problem is nothing more than a 1st generation mistake. The treo 650 had it and the xv6700 also had it. It a classic issue of not testing the phone with enough people in enough real word situations. A have played with two separate devices and both of them had low volume issues.
I understand Apple got suit over volume issues and mentions reason why you should not have the volume up in the user manual. This phone was not tested in public and Apple can now see the complaints growing.

Also, you will not loose that much battery with a louder ringer. You will loose some time with the ipod, but who listen to music for 24 hours?

As for the update, I believe it was put on hold due to the restore image having been hacked. The iPhone can now be unlocked and commands issued to the boot loader.

seabreeze

Jul 1, 2007
Low volume? no problem. Enjoy the savings in battery life.
Yes Problem! If you cannot hear your phone ring, and cannot hear the caller, and cannot use the speaker phone, it's no longer a phone! It's an i-pod to make emergency calls with! They have to get the phone working before anything else. All other issues can be fixed later with software updates. I would rather have less battery life, than not be able to use the phone functions!