A Thought on Volume Problems

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
<This thread will remain open, but only for discussion regarding speaker volume. Discuss the issue, watch the langauge or move on.>

-Chris

seabreeze

Jul 1, 2007
That would be even worse if they all weren't like that. That would mean that at least 50, probably more like 75% of the phones are defective and that would result in a massive recall, essentially ruining Apple's reputation.

The problem is you're too much of a little ***** to admit that something you spent 600 dollars on has a shitty speaker.
Without using any profanity I have to say, if someone does not have an issue with the volume of your iPhone, why are you on this thread? Why may I ask
the poster who claims that his iPhone is perfect, are you posting on this forum? I am just curious? Because if my iPhone did not have a volume issue, I would not be reading or writing in these threads. I would be busy using and enjoying my iPhone. I am only writing because there is an issue, and I would like Apple to fix it, so that I could go and buy it again! Please get off the thread if you are happy and love your iPhone, go and enjoy it and use it......

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
i wear hearing aids and haven't had the problems u guys have.. the only problem is that in the case i hardly ever feel the vibrate in my pocket

irondentist

Jun 30, 2007
That's only the speaker phone volume, not the ear piece.

Also, I upgraded to the v-moda headset with the in-canal speakers. Wow, what an improvement. I actually had to lower the volume to about half way because I had the volume set at max with the stock headset.

The only complaint I have with the v-moda is it doesn't have the cool clicker on the mouthpiece that pauses iTunes.

aubrgene

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Los Angeles, California
The volume is O.K. when I'm at home or in a quiet environment. The volume became an issue when I was driving on my convertible yesterday and received a phone call. I could barely hear the caller:( I read the suggestions above like sliding the volume to zero to reset and turning off the iPod sound check. I'm sure if Apple hear enough complaints, they'll do something about it on their next update. BTW-- I find the 'Cricket" substantially louder than other ringtones.

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
The volume is O.K. when I'm at home or in a quiet environment. The volume became an issue when I was driving on my convertible yesterday and received a phone call. I could barely hear the caller:( I read the suggestions above like sliding the volume to zero to reset and turning off the iPod sound check. I'm sure if Apple hear enough complaints, they'll do something about it on their next update. BTW-- I find the 'Cricket" substantially louder than other ringtones.
I agree with the guy that said Apple reealized they screwed up by putting the speaker and mic next to each other. His thought was that at higher volumes this would cause feedback, so Apple just pulled a fast one on us. THink about it, why else would YouTube be so loud and the calls so low?

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Well, I went back to AT&T to buy another case for the Wife and ask the Rep about any Volume concern and he stated that was there Number 1 problem with customers. At least I know my hearing is not the problem.

Maybe I should try taking the plastic bag of my head.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Without using any profanity I have to say, if someone does not have an issue with the volume of your iPhone, why are you on this thread? Why may I ask
the poster who claims that his iPhone is perfect, are you posting on this forum? I am just curious? Because if my iPhone did not have a volume issue, I would not be reading or writing in these threads. I would be busy using and enjoying my iPhone. I am only writing because there is an issue, and I would like Apple to fix it, so that I could go and buy it again! Please get off the thread if you are happy and love your iPhone, go and enjoy it and use it......
Simple - to give some balance to the 'sky is falling in' mentality that says 'my iPhone is bad, thereforee all iPhones are bad'.

And because I'm a caring, sharing individual.

And for the record, I never said my iPhone was 'perfect'. However, I do find the volume to be adequate for my use.

And I'll post on the threads I'm interested in - didn't realize that seabreeze had been made forum volume police

qlock

Jul 2, 2007
Everytime I read about someone leaving the plastic on I want to brain them. Seriously, who does that? LOL!

That being said, the phone does have some volume issues, but for some reason, they seem intermittent.

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Well, I went back to AT&T to buy another case for the Wife and ask the Rep about any Volume concern and he stated that was there Number 1 problem with customers. At least I know my hearing is not the problem.

Maybe I should try taking the plastic bag of my head.

The #1 problem, eh? Did they say it could be addressed in an update?

digitalfx

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
We had this exact issue when the Treo 650 first released. The voume was low and sounded ok in quite enviros but outside or when it was loud you couldnt hear a thing.

The problem was solved through firmware updates, and it was also addressed via a 3rd party app (GoTreo Software). Either option was software and it simply took time to resolve...and this was in a 4th generation pda/phone.

This is Apples 1st generation, have patience it will be resolved soon.