Accident while using iPhone?

Mark Booth

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Ok wow, so I started this thread asking this question. last night I was in the access road to get on an interstate and was reading an email on my iPhone. The road all of a sudden curved sharply to the left and I saw it too late. I ran off the road into the curb. The car was still drivable but my alignment is totally screwed. Sucks
The irony of that is almost unbearable!

Mark

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
PLEASE FOR GOD"S SAKE
don't use iPhone while driving... please.. safe yourself and everybody else.. and your iPhone...

I will not use my iPhone when I am in line unless it is something that can be put down for a while like an email or a text message. I will NOT answer phone calls while being helped. I agree, it's just flat out rude! I work in retail and I have to deal with people who are trying to talk to me while talking to someone else on their cell phone. I HATE IT! People who work in retail are humans too :).

I try not to answer my phone in a restaurant, other than in a bar or someplace loud. Plus, I usually set it to vibrate anyway. I only answer if it is very important but I make sure that that person understands that I may be abrupt and stop the conversation so the waiter/waitress can take my order.

I try to have good manners and good iPhone iEthics! :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
No accidents, but I do try to use my bluetooth headset when I'm in the car for long periods of time. That way it's just a matter of clicking the call button on the headset to answer instead of all the sliding to unlock stuff.

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
On a lighter but nonetheless annoying note...

Tonight I was at the Harry Potter movie, and toward the very end at the absolute climax of the scene some dip creeps phone rings... and rings... and rings... lovely.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
I'm a fanatic about setting a good example for my daughter, so I DO NOT use the iPhone while I'm driving. I also don't stand on line and use the phone while a cashier is trying to help me... IT'S RUDE.

I hate to say it in a forum full of cellphone fanatics, but honestly MOST cellphone users have no manners when it's comes to their phone. Hate to tell ya, but unless you're the president or maybe a brain surgeon, you're not that important... 99.9% of your calls or text messages are nothing that couldn't wait for you to pull over for. And if you're not using hands-free for calls in your moving car, you're an idiot.
Sorry DRabbit but cashiers are working for you, you are not working for them. They need to adapt to the customer, if most customers use their phones, then there is nothing they can do about that. I understand what you mean but it is not totally correct in my book. The iPhone is needed for a lot of use considering all of its features so many people need to use their phones for work which is important for their lives. And you cannot single out all other people other than brain surgeons and presidents. If you are not important, sorry, everyone has importance in their lives. Because personally my entire company runs on emails so I guess I am a "rude" person who is "not" important. :)

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Sorry DRabbit but cashiers are working for you, you are not working for them. They need to adapt to the customer, if most customers use their phones, then there is nothing they can do about that. I understand what you mean but it is not totally correct in my book. The iPhone is needed for a lot of use considering all of its features so many people need to use their phones for work which is important for their lives. And you cannot single out all other people other than brain surgeons and presidents. If you are not important, sorry, everyone has importance in their lives. Because personally my entire company runs on emails so I guess I am a "rude" person who is "not" important. :)

no offense, but i HATE people who talk on the phone while im talking to them( im a cashier in a Mazda corporate) i hated when you needed to tell them something and they are keep on talking with the other person instead of you, and after you charged them for the amount of whatever, and after they are done talking they complain to you why you didn't tell him how much it was
I HATE THOSE PEOPLE. YOU!... stop thinking about yourself, just put you in that situation and see if you like it. Just hang up, or hold for a minute and talk to the person behind the desk until your done.
believe me when i say this. it is absolutely rude. people like this only make other people's job harder:oops:

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
no offense, but i HATE people who talk on the phone while im talking to them( im a cashier in a Mazda corporate) i hated when you needed to tell them something and they are keep on talking with the other person instead of you, and after you charged them for the amount of whatever, and after they are done talking they complain to you why you didn't tell him how much it was
I HATE THOSE PEOPLE. YOU!... stop thinking about yourself, just put you in that situation and see if you like it. Just hang up, or hold for a minute and talk to the person behind the desk until your done.
believe me when i say this. it is absolutely rude. people like this only make other people's job harder:oops:
sorry. for me, businesss comes before ethics.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Sorry DRabbit but cashiers are working for you, you are not working for them. They need to adapt to the customer, if most customers use their phones, then there is nothing they can do about that.
Oh yes there is, and around here they are doing it. Signs have been slowly appearing in area-businessses asking that no cellphone be in use at the time of purchase. A few places even state outright that you will be refused service if you are on a cellphone when it is your turn in line. I don't work retail but totally agree with these policies.

It's about having respect for fellow human beings, which is really what this thread is about.

--
Mike

Mark Booth

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I was in line at my local grocery store and the customer checking out at the front of the line was SO busy talking on his cell phone that he wasn't paying any attention to the cashier and, thus, slowing down the entire process. He even continued his conversation, ignoring the cashier, when the cashier was trying to tell him his total and get him to pay. Those of us in line were getting very aggravated because we were waiting even longer due to this rude asswipe's piss poor manners. Finally, the guy paid with his debit card + some cash (still talking on the cell phone the whole time). As the transaction completed and the cashier pulled the cash from her register, she turned toward the guy and said, "Hold on, I've got a call". Still hanging onto his cash, she pulled out her cell phone and proceeded to have a conversation while the guy stood their waiting for his cash. She pretended to talk (at least, I think she was pretending) for at least 30 seconds while the guy just stood there in disbelief. Then, she said, "Oh, I'm sorry, here's your change. That was my husband and he wanted to know if I had to wait on any rude people today." All of us in line just bust out laughing. The guy CLEARLY got the message and, rather than go ballistic, apologized for his rudeness and quickly left the store.

Of course, each of us gave the cashier some kudos for having the guts to give the jerk a taste of his own medicine.

Mark

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I was in line at my local grocery store and the customer checking out at the front of the line was SO busy talking on his cell phone that he wasn't paying any attention to the cashier and, thus, slowing down the entire process. He even continued his conversation, ignoring the cashier, when the cashier was trying to tell him his total and get him to pay. Those of us in line were getting very aggravated because we were waiting even longer due to this rude asswipe's piss poor manners. Finally, the guy paid with his debit card + some cash (still talking on the cell phone the whole time). As the transaction completed and the cashier pulled the cash from her register, she turned toward the guy and said, "Hold on, I've got a call". Still hanging onto his cash, she pulled out her cell phone and proceeded to have a conversation while the guy stood their waiting for his cash. She pretended to talk (at least, I think she was pretending) for at least 30 seconds while the guy just stood there in disbelief. Then, she said, "Oh, I'm sorry, here's your change. That was my husband and he wanted to know if I had to wait on any rude people today." All of us in line just bust out laughing. The guy CLEARLY got the message and, rather than go ballistic, apologized for his rudeness and quickly left the store.

Of course, each of us gave the cashier some kudos for having the guts to give the jerk a taste of his own medicine.

Mark

Daaaammmnnnn, Gina! lol

emx620

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Ok wow, so I started this thread asking this question. last night I was in the access road to get on an interstate and was reading an email on my iPhone. The road all of a sudden curved sharply to the left and I saw it too late. I ran off the road into the curb. The car was still drivable but my alignment is totally screwed. Sucks :(
*sigh. So I installed a nice full body skin from bestskinsever.com and got it all nice and straight. So I'm showing off my iPhone to a friend's friend. He comments "that thing must break in half when it drops." Well, me being the Mr. Prove it Right that I am, I say "No! These things are *very* durable". They are in fact very durable. So I stupidly throw it form shoulder height into the bare sidewalk. It bounces a couple times and I pick it up. Proud of my iPhone still working, I then notice that I put a big dent in the corner. My iPhone has shamed me again :(

At least I can laugh at my misfortunes lol.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
*sigh. So I installed a nice full body skin from bestskinsever.com and got it all nice and straight. So I'm showing off my iPhone to a friend's friend. He comments "that thing must break in half when it drops." Well, me being the Mr. Prove it Right that I am, I say "No! These things are *very* durable". They are in fact very durable. So I stupidly throw it form shoulder height into the bare sidewalk. It bounces a couple times and I pick it up. Proud of my iPhone still working, I then notice that I put a big dent in the corner. My iPhone has shamed me again :(

At least I can laugh at my misfortunes lol.
DUDE!

First, running off the road, then this. You are awesome! You are like the Lindsay Lohan of iPhone users.